Convert Manual Folding Mirrors to Auto Folding Mirrors...Possible?

72fducks

:
Mazda CX5 2016
Hi, I have a base model CX5 2016 model I can turn the switch on the door and fold the mirrors in but was wondering if anyone has found a way to have them auto fold when ignition off
thanks

I don't know about Mazda Australia, but Mazda Japan does have a kit... you replace the driver side master switch (part of the window switches) with a new one, and it'll have the button for auto fold in lieu of the door lock button I believe
Mazda Europe/UK probably does too

Manual Folding Mirrors convert to Auto Folding Mirrors is it possible

Hi, I have a base model CX5 2016 model I can turn the switch on the door and fold the mirrors in but was wondering if anyone has found a way to have them auto fold when ignition off
thanks
Actually we in the US have true "manual" folding outside mirrors and you have "power" folding outside mirrors! Since you already have power folding outside mirrors, this module from AliExpress seems to be the only part you need to make them "auto" folding when you lock the door and "auto" unfolding when you unlock the door even with Auto Lock.

Car Auto Side Mirrors Folder Folding Spread Kit for Mazda CX-5 with Electric Folding Mirror Function

See the following thread for more details:

Auto Folding Exterior Side Mirrors

Note: the Mazda UK/Europe kit is not much better than the Chinese crap:
mazda-montagesatz-zum-automatischen-anklappen-der.jpg

I would go for the Mazda Japan "kit" itself, which is an outright power window master switch and mirror switch replacement... this switch might also give you "full auto" window function (all passenger doors having auto up/down, as long as the window motors are also upgraded)... I am not sure about this, just a guess... but this switch has the silver highlights on them, unlike the base model switch you have
1509020000841s0.jpg

not exact "auto fold mirror" switch shown

My car came equipped with power folding mirros and i just had to add the mazda kit C850V7650A.

After that the car everytime i lock the car the mirrors will fold an then unfold back when i hit the start button to AC power.

Note: the kit i bought was from europe and the instructions where a bit different than the wiring my car has. So i had to figure out a few cables, not the hardest thing in the world but it was not straight forward for my case.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Manual Folding Mirrors convert to Auto Folding Mirrors is it possible

My car came equipped with power folding mirros and i just had to add the mazda kit C850V7650A.

After that the car everytime i lock the car the mirrors will fold an then unfold back when i hit the start button to AC power.

Note: the kit i bought was from europe and the instructions where a bit different than the wiring my car has. So i had to figure out a few cables, not the hardest thing in the world but it was not straight forward for my case.
Looks like the $30 USD AliExpress kit is very similar to Mazda Euro OEM Auto Folding Mirror Kit C850V7650A for ~ ⅓ of the price and pay no expensive shipping. kiln in South Africa which has right-hand-drive CX-5 had successfully added the Auto Power Folding Mirrors function with "crappy Chinese garbage parts from shady Aliexpress" (mind you there're many Mazda parts aren't made in Japan, many are made in China and the OEM filter in the US for CX-5 now is made in Thailand!):

Update:
I have ordered this module: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Auto-Side-Mirrors-Folder-Folding-Spread-Kit-For-Mazda-CX-5-With-Electric-Folding-Mirror/32698267069.html

Instructions related to a 2016.5 CX-5, Right Hand Drive vehicle.
The module arrived and with the included instructions as well as instructions from ImVKool, it was Plug & Play with only 3 wires to splice into: a) Constant +12v supply feed, b) Door open signal wire, activated from remote and c) Door close signal wire, activated from remote.

a) +12v picked up from Red/Yellow wire on the main plug to power window module in the door(below the power mirror/fold switch connector).
b) Door open signal picked up from harness connected across door striker, on the Blue/Orange wire.
c) Door close signal picked up from the same harness as b), on the Pink wire.

Unit and harness tucked away pretty easy and fitment took about 30 minutes including removal of door panel, locating wires and re-install door panel.

Results is pretty good and the mirrors fold when car locks from remote or auto locking the doors when walking away(setup on infotainment system). Opening when car is unlocked from either remote or door(advanced keyless entry system factory fitted). Adding real value to the KODO design, by owner......

Tanks to everyone with advice, criticism, suggestions and motivation(ImVKool).

I have to say that K070 V7 370 [EN2A] Auto Power Folding Mirror Kit from Mazda Japan is very nice with an OEM Auto Folding switch, but it would be a very expensive proposition! It costs 18,576 JPY (currently $160 USD) and you have to pay very expensive shipping internationally. This kit doesn't have anything added to your current power window functions such as one-touch up-down and lighted switch for all windows.

kidou_japan-img300x300-1450283300wemfts6869.jpg

My car also came equipped with power folding mirror and i would like had to add the mazda kit C850V7650A to an Australian model.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the external mirrors for the Australian model.
A wiring diargam for the British would also help is anyone has one

Thanks

So I understand, the US version has zero hardware to support this even if we buy the controller shown above?

No none. If you buy the control module you still need two mirrors with the folding motors and the wiring to go with it. It seems a senseless omission as it would cost peanuts to add it in production.

The motor I refer to is the retract/return motor shown in the lower part of the diagram here. You might be able to adjust the mirror glass to one extreme so that you can see behind just to make sure but manufacturers tend not to waste one penny on parts that are redundant.

Last edited:

Hi Joaks,
I am going to install this kit as well, can you tell me which wires do I have to find and connect to this kit?
Thanks

Hi Joaks,
I am going to install this kit as well, can you tell me which wires do I have to find and connect to this kit?
Thanks
If you bought the kit, it comes with all the wiring instructions you're going to need. As i said before in my case my car was shipped to latin america and this kit is for euro cx5's so i had to make a few ajustments.

I dont own the car anymore hence i dont have the instructions with the corrections i made for my specific case, but as far as i can remeber there a few wires backwards in my car and switching them over on the kit fixed the issue.

If you bought the kit, it comes with all the wiring instructions you're going to need. As i said before in my case my car was shipped to latin america and this kit is for euro cx5's so i had to make a few ajustments.

I dont own the car anymore hence i dont have the instructions with the corrections i made for my specific case, but as far as i can remeber there a few wires backwards in my car and switching them over on the kit fixed the issue.

Yeah in my case my car was shipped to Indonesia and instruction from this kit is a little bit different from my car wiring than it said in the wiring instruction, so I guess I have to make a correction of which wire I have to connect to the kit, if you still remember, there are six wires to connect, I have found five function but one wire still mystery to me.
I have found:
Positive Wire
ON/ACC Wire
Negative / Ground Wire
Mirror Switch Wire
Door Lock Wire

Only one more, if you still remember can you tell me which wire is it?

Yeah in my case my car was shipped to Indonesia and instruction from this kit is a little bit different from my car wiring than it said in the wiring instruction, so I guess I have to make a correction of which wire I have to connect to the kit, if you still remember, there are six wires to connect, I have found five function but one wire still mystery to me.
I have found:
Positive Wire
ON/ACC Wire
Negative / Ground Wire
Mirror Switch Wire
Door Lock Wire

Only one more, if you still remember can you tell me which wire is it?
Last one should be unlock wire. In my case the mirros closed when the lock was triggered but they will open when the car was on acc. I did test them to open on unlock but never made the change.

I have also purchased the kit from europe wiring does not match the instructions.
Ple as e help with which colour wires go where.
Cheers

Hi Valerossi I too have the oem kit from europe any help to identify which colour wires go where for australian wired CX5 would be appreciated. Diagrams, photos, pin connections?

Hi Valerossi I too have the oem kit from europe any help to identify which colour wires go where for australian wired CX5 would be appreciated. Diagrams, photos, pin connections?

Hi Max63, just wondering if you ever installed the C850-V7-650A kit. I just purchased one and also find the colour of wiring in my Australian CX5 is different to the instructions.

I dont want to risk just changing the wires by position instead of correct wires.

Thanks
Dean

Back