New Mazda Mobile Start

The app is a joke..Basic functionality is there but UI looks like iPhone 4 on my iPhone 7, and there's no Touch ID support so I have to manually enter the password EVERY time.

Hey all, just want to jump in here. In August Mazda rolled out compatibility for the regular remote start system on the CX-9 so you can go the non mobile start way part number is : C960-V7-620A plus some extra parts.

Hi SeCX-9 - Do you happen to have any additional photos of the antennas from the inside and outside the vehicle? I live in MA and looking to get the MMS installed on my 6 before winter, but not sure I want to be looking at the antennas. Thanks

Anybody know if we had to replace the windshield, would those antennae's be easily removed and remounted on the new windshield?

I got the new remote starter kit C960-V7-620A from the dealer for my 18......aaaaand it doesn't work. So they are going to take it in and have it looked at.

Anybody know if we had to replace the windshield, would those antennae's be easily removed and remounted on the new windshield?
No, cracked my windshield at 160 miles, had to replace the antennas for around $150 IIRC.

I have MMS on a 2017 CX-3 GT. It works great just as suppose to. The antenna add on at the top of the windshield hardly shows. It does not look bad like the pictures above in this thread. I think it must have had a bad install. When you lock or unlock or start the car you do have a few seconds wait for it to communicate with the car. Onstar on my other has the same short wait.

I also have a 2017 Cadillac XT5 which has Onstar that works the same way.

Had thought about this but after doing some homework I've decided that this was clearly an afterthought over at Mazda. I don't want to buy an afterthought. The new CX-9 deserves better Mobile Treatment. Its Wifi capabilities are way under utilized and there is no reason why the Mobile features can't be engineered to function under Mazda Connect.

They are going to have to work on this. I suspect this little item was left naked and raw on purpose, so that Mazda can have something to add to the new upgrades list of incremental improvements made to the new Kodo line of vehicles.

I'll pass on this one for now.

They've stopped support and upgrades on the mobile app for awhile now considering they charge yearly subscription on it. The cost of unit and install was same as an after market compustar 2-way remote start which may have limited range of 3000ft but way faster in operation in terms of locking/unlocking and starting...I went with the compustar and was part of the deal when I bought the vehicle so came free with purchase and no yearly subscription! My other vehicle (Ford) now comes with Ford pass that you can do all those features via mobile app but is Free for 5yrs then you pay yearly sub but there was no cost to installing a remote module...wish Mazda would adopt same tech/feature in their future vehicles

Last edited:
Back