New Mazda Mobile Start

On paper it looks great, the reviews are terrible. When I got my CX-9 I was very excited to get mobile start, but then I read the reviews in the app. store. If there were a few bad reviews I would disregard those reviews, but they were ALL bad. And to make matters worse, Mazda has not updated the app since its inception in 2015. My grocery list app on my iphone seems to have updates every other week, but Mazda can't update the Mobile App? I would love to install the remote starter and use my Iphone, but not until Mazda gets it right. For a $46,000 car you would think you could press your keyfob and get your car to start. Love my CX-9, but Mazda dropped the ball on this one.

Hi.

Is this available in the US yet?

remoter power on, GPS location, climmate control, panic alarm... everything from the Smartphone

https://www.mazdamobilestart.com/index.jsp

Looks good!

yes, this was available when the new CX-9 came out, it's horrible, don't do it, search this forum for the discussions, those who had it installed hate it.

the problem is every time you want to use it, you have to log into Mazda's server and that takes like 20 seconds just to log in, also they need to install two very ugly antennas on the passenger side, see pictures in link.....

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123858321-Remote-Start&p=6486390#post6486390

it's not worth it, it's $500 at time of purchase PLUS $65 EVERY YEAR subscription fee, what a rip off/scam....

I think it costs even more after you bought the vehicle and you decide you want it..... better off with a standalone aftermarket one without subscription

attachment.php

Last edited:
yes, this was available when the new CX-9 came out, it's horrible, don't do it, search this forum for the discussions, those who had it installed hate it.

the problem is every time you want to use it, you have to log into Mazda's server and that takes like 20 seconds just to log in, also they need to install two very ugly antennas on the passenger side, see pictures in link.....

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123858321-Remote-Start&p=6486390#post6486390

it's not worth it, it's $500 at time of purchase PLUS $65 EVERY YEAR subscription fee, what a rip off/scam....

I think it costs even more after you bought the vehicle and you decide you want it..... better off with a standalone aftermarket one without subscription

attachment.php

Is that the photo I posted of my car? Yeah it is ugly, but I don't have to look at it while driving.

There's a thread on this already on this forum. It's not a typical Remote Starter. It's not meant to be.

It DOES offer the ability to remote start and turn on the seat heaters and defoggers. Ever have that moment when you wonder if you locked your car when you hurried out and walked away? Well you can lock the car from ANYWHERE in the world......anywhere. The GPS locator can be helpful in unfamiliar locations as well. For me, the first year is free. I piss away $65 on a whim at the local Home Depot strolling the aisles, so for me it's an insignificant $ amount.

AND, I HAVE IT AND I DON'T HATE IT. The app and hardware installed is from Fujitsu Ten. Sa. me hardware and app is available on other cars http://www.fujitsu-ten.com/business/automotive/lineup/index.html

Mazda just needs to get them to clean-up the interface a bit. I'd be glad to share screen captures.

Last edited:
On paper it looks great, the reviews are terrible. When I got my CX-9 I was very excited to get mobile start, but then I read the reviews in the app. store. If there were a few bad reviews I would disregard those reviews, but they were ALL bad. And to make matters worse, Mazda has not updated the app since its inception in 2015. My grocery list app on my iphone seems to have updates every other week, but Mazda can't update the Mobile App? I would love to install the remote starter and use my Iphone, but not until Mazda gets it right. For a $46,000 car you would think you could press your keyfob and get your car to start. Love my CX-9, but Mazda dropped the ball on this one.

Just my suggestion if you guys really want a mobile remote engine starter...there's still a subscription on it but likely better managed by the provider called Drone mobile

Attachments

• IMG_0017.PNG
    IMG_0017.PNG
    199.8 KB · Views: 389
One other thing to consider is when you need to replace the windshield (which is already expensive due to the HUD) they will not be able to re-attach the antennas and you'll have to purchase new ones.
I'm hoping the App connection speed and the 2 step log in will be corrected but it doesn't look promising.

One other thing to consider is when you need to replace the windshield (which is already expensive due to the HUD) they will not be able to re-attach the antennas and you'll have to purchase new ones.
I'm hoping the App connection speed and the 2 step log in will be corrected but it doesn't look promising.
Why replacing the windshield is expensive due to HUD?

Enviado desde mi Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Here' are screen captures of the interface....

Attachments

• IMG_8272.jpg
    IMG_8272.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_8279.PNG
    IMG_8279.PNG
    38.8 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_8274.PNG
    IMG_8274.PNG
    10 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_8275.PNG
    IMG_8275.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_8277.PNG
    IMG_8277.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 456
Here' are screen captures of the interface....

Here's a few more... Check out the file 8310 which shows the GPS locator functionality in action

Attachments

• IMG_8273.PNG
    IMG_8273.PNG
    8.9 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_8276.PNG
    IMG_8276.PNG
    53.5 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_8278.PNG
    IMG_8278.PNG
    10.1 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_8310.PNG
    IMG_8310.PNG
    195.2 KB · Views: 535
File 8310 only goes to show that you pamper your CX-9 by parking in a luxurious garage!

File 8310 only goes to show that you pamper your CX-9 by parking in a luxurious garage!

Now THAT'S funny!..... It's 189 feet (+ or - 29ft) from where I was at a friends house. Sometimes as close as 10ft accuracy which is good enough to setoff the alarm to find the car. The accuracy changes by location.

Why replacing the windshield is expensive due to HUD?

The windshields used in HUD applications have some sort of reflective coating which increases the cost. In my GMC the windshield was twice the price with the HUD option.

The windshields used in HUD applications have some sort of reflective coating which increases the cost. In my GMC the windshield was twice the price with the HUD option.
Will be nice to investigate to check if the cx9 have this special coating.

SeCX-9 I've seen an that the app was updated in May 22, 2017 according to google play store.
Please let us know if the issues were solved with the update.

SeCX-9 I've seen an that the app was updated in May 22, 2017 according to google play store.
Please let us know if the issues were solved with the update.

hmmm. I have't used it since the winter. Just loaded and I was presented with a screen which asks me for my default welcome screen. After I logged in, it appear exactly the same. Still says Version 1.0.0 as well.

Are you saying the Mazda Mobile App got updated? I just checked and it's not :(

I also have the app - my long time sales guy turned finance manager recommended it despite all the things I read about it. He has it on his CX-9. All of the criticisms are correct - but I've used it and it works for me, despite the slow login and response. But it does work...

However, after seeing my colleagues Ford Fusion app, it's so 1980's...

Back