Genuine Foot Illumination Kit NEED HELP!

Attached the files here. Click go advance in reply, there should be a attachment buttons just beside the emoticon button.

I've tried uploading without any luck. I did find this site that sells accessories and if you go on the accessories page they have installment instructions: https://www.mazdaparts.org/20macxinac.html - guess that's the best I can do, hopefully another member finds the pdf and is able to upload.

I am uploading this for gdluke. I had to re-export the pdf to make it fit our uploads limits. Sorry if some of it is hard to read.

Attachments

• cx-5 lighting-install-ex.pdf
    874.9 KB · Views: 260
please post clearer images/ pdf.

from what I can see you do not need to remove the whole dash. you're exaggerating gdluke mostly same procedure with all recent mazda cars.

it wants you to tap wires from rbcm to room lamp harness, why? that I don't understand because rbcm is suppose to be the one who controls those, if you could provide a clear copy and maybe a service manual with wiring diagram for the 2017 model I could check if we could make a shortcut/ shorter route without removing the rear cargo panels.

from what I can see you do not need to remove the whole dash. you're exaggerating gdluke mostly same procedure with all recent mazda cars.

it wants you to tap wires from rbcm to room lamp harness, why? that I don't understand because rbcm is suppose to be the one who controls those, if you could provide a clear copy and maybe a service manual with wiring diagram for the 2017 model I could check if we could make a shortcut/ shorter route without removing the rear cargo panels.

This site has very small size limit on uploads - if it were easy to upload a better copy i would have

So here is the document split into parts - 5 attachments per post, final in next post.

Attachments

• 8_LIght_cx-5 lighting-install-better.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 188
  • 1_LIght_cx-5 lighting-install-better.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
  • 15_LIght_cx-5 lighting-install-better.pdf
    922.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 22_LIght_cx-5 lighting-install-better.pdf
    831.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 29_LIght_cx-5 lighting-install-better.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 152

what i said it wrong... so it wants you to tap from the rbcm wires L and V that controls the room lamp to connector A3 (which I assume is the connector for the head unit) with wires SB and V to A1 connector.

I dont have a copy of the wiring diagram of 2017 model but routing your wire to the A pillar to reach the wire V(violet) and L(lavender) on the room lamp to electro tap the wires L/R (lavender red) and GY/B (gray black) from your foot lamp harness would be much easier.

then the Y/B(yellow black) wire from the foot lamp harness to the LG (light green) wire of the A1 connector which is just at the glove box area. or if you have a glove box light you could connect the light green wire to the positive wire of the light ;)

you could get away with drilling the hole without removing the driver's under panels for the switch, its doable i think.

Latest posts

Back