2017 Mazda3 iPod Issues Continue?

bshaiken

:
2017 Mazda 3 GT
New here, new to Mazda. I took delivery of a 2017 Mazda3 GT manual transmission this afternoon and I have thoroughly enjoyed the 50 miles I've got on it so far.

I have a decade-old iPod that has lived in my car for the last 6 years or so and bless its heart, it is invincible. However, getting it all set up this afternoon and I have found two things:

1. Every time I turn the infotainment system on and off, it restarts from the same track.
2. When I switch to the very next track on shuffle, the file changes but no sound comes out. Sometimes it stays at 0:00, sometimes time ticks off with no sound. If I go to the next one (the 3rd), it continues. The fix seems to be to pause the track and then press play again. Then everything is fine.

My preferred method of music listening is to just have the contents of that iPod on shuffle. Bluetooth works great but for a variety of reasons I prefer to play music off the iPod rather than my phone. I found a few threads (https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...rom-the-first-song-every-time-you-restart-car) about this on other models and past years, and see that there is a Repair Bulletin for a replacement of the bluetooth module and that fixes the problem. Is it possible they built this brand new car without that fix?

Things I haven't tried yet (got this thing a few hours ago, give it time):
1. Text messages and whether they work or not on my iPhone, as this seems to be another problem the module replacement fixes
2. Plugging my iPhone in directly to USB to see if it's just an iPod problem.

Things I did have to do already: Hard reboot to fix the Nav not booting up.

Happy to report the heated steering wheel, radar cruise control and g-vectoring are all pretty sweet.

Thanks for this post. I see there's not a ton of activity here! I just bought a 2017 Mazda3 Grand Touring and am also having problems with the iPod:

1. it takes almost 10 minutes to load the index of the 160GB iPod classic. This means I cannot switch the playlists or select a new track for anything but a long drive. Very annoying.
2. I cannot see a way to switch between shuffle by album and shuffle by song within a playlist.

My 2011 Hyundai had neither of those problems. Has anyone found a solution.

With regards to your question #2, I believe this may be a generic problem with the iPod Classic and car play in any or many cars. This is because I had the same problem with my Hyundai. The solution was to reboot the iPod one or more times. Then play a track before connecting it to the car. If the track counter moves, then plug it in.

Back