is iStop functioning correctly

bgkdavis

:
Mazda CX-5 Maxx Sport AWD
Just got my Cx-5 Maxx Sport AWD, and Im a little bothered about the iStop function

what appears to be happening is when I pull up at lights and put foot on brake the engine stops...GOOD

Then, about 5-10 seconds later the engine restarts, didn't touch the steering wheel, and didn't relieve pressure on the brake

This has been about 100% repeatable since I drove the car from the dealer, and doesn't show any signs of improving.

Well, I cant speak for my CX-5 since we do not have IStop here in the American Colonies , however my last BMW had a similar system which in warm/hot weather would restart engine to keep interior cool. I assume its rather warm in Brisbane this time of year

Just got my Cx-5 Maxx Sport AWD, and Im a little bothered about the iStop function

what appears to be happening is when I pull up at lights and put foot on brake the engine stops...GOOD

Then, about 5-10 seconds later the engine restarts, didn't touch the steering wheel, and didn't relieve pressure on the brake

This has been about 100% repeatable since I drove the car from the dealer, and doesn't show any signs of improving.

Perfectly normal. I'm also in Brisbane.

The A/C demand on the engine will prompt iStop to restart the engine just like you have found. Electrical load on the engine is also a factor that affects iStop operation. Cooler weather and it will stay off for longer. Or, turn theA/C off and you will see a difference.

Thanks

Did wonder if the Air Con useage may be the cause, there is something written in the manuals about it not working when air con is at max, and I deliberately didnt run the air con at max for this reason.... guess the manual should say when there is any air con useage!..... since there is never a time I turn the air con off (even during winter) I figure iStop isnt a practical system for Queensland!

is i-stop functioning correctly

Did wonder if the Air Con useage may be the cause, there is something written in the manuals about it not working when air con is at max, and I deliberately didnt run the air con at max for this reason.... guess the manual should say when there is any air con useage!..... since there is never a time I turn the air con off (even during winter) I figure iStop isnt a practical system for Queensland!
Or you may try to use "AC ECO" mode instead of "AC" mode manually for your air conditioning which could make your engine stopping longer period of time with i-stop on.

b0640be82648b04545ce838ababd2e99.jpg

My car also has iStop and the behaviour you describe is perfectly normal. If your set temp on the ac is low or is too hot outside the ac system will ask the car to restart in order to keep the desired temp on the cabin.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In Order to get my EPA and dont feel low for not getting it, I turn off my AC at stops now. Stops where I know I will be sitting for 30 secs or more.
Yes I still dont get my EPA.

is i-stop functioning correctly

In Order to get my EPA and dont feel low for not getting it, I turn off my AC at stops now. Stops where I know I will be sitting for 30 secs or more.
Yes I still dont get my EPA.
Now you know why Unobtanium and I have been complaining about the over-rated EPA numbers on our CX-5 especially for an AWD although many people here seem don't agree.

But you have a FWD, you should be able to get EPA easier. Try to check your tire pressure、and "change your driving habit" as many people suggested! :)

Or you may try to use "AC ECO" mode instead of "AC" mode manually for your air conditioning which could make your engine stopping longer period of time with i-stop on.
as an aside, I guess it makes sense that a LH drive model will swap over the Auto and Dual knobs from the RH drive version

Back