Did I get a good deal?

Jmwaddle

:
2017.5 cx5 sport
Hey guys, I just bought 2 2016.5 mazda cx-5 Sport models for 47500 out the door. I thought it was a good deal but overhearing a couple of salespeople I'm worried I might have left some cash on the table. What do you guys think, good or bad buy?

Loving this car so far btw can't wait to break it in!

Hey guys, I just bought 2 2016.5 mazda cx-5 Sport models for 47500 out the door. I thought it was a good deal but overhearing a couple of salespeople I'm worried I might have left some cash on the table. What do you guys think, good or bad buy?

User Error.
This question was posted one day too late.

Enjoy the car.

$23,750 per car? Hell, I would be content with the deal, including both TTL's to boot.

Does "out the door" include tax, title, fees?

Yes, it is 6.25% in TX and probably $200 - 300 doc fees. As far as I know there is registration fees + title fees of around 200. TTL on my car were 7.5% of Car cost with everything included in it. Some dealerships charge more for doc fees.

Yes, it is 6.25% in TX and probably $200 - 300 doc fees. As far as I know there is registration fees + title fees of around 200. TTL on my car were 7.5% of Car cost with everything included in it. Some dealerships charge more for doc fees.

I think that's a decent price the OP paid. The salespeople were probably stoked they sold 2 cars in one deal near the end of the month let alone the end of the year. So some cocky chest out talk is to be expected.

I think that's a decent price the OP paid. The salespeople were probably stoked they sold 2 cars in one deal near the end of the month let alone the end of the year. So some cocky chest out talk is to be expected.

I dont agree.

Whats the MRSP with destination for a 2016.5 Sport these days? $24.5k? It seems to OP got them at 22k each. Were they manual?

24.5 Automatic.
It translates to 10% discount but he bought two. After 2017 info was released. So not a good deal.
17s are just a class apart, how can Mazda improve such an already great SUV by that margin is unbelievable. Will hit its EPA @ 70+ mph, that Jaguar type front face, Rear AC Vents + Reclining seats. Overall it looks really awesome.
This will force dealers to push 16s aggressively because if 17s are here, 16 wont be an easy sell.

2017s won't be on dealer lots until spring... so probably March-ish. 10% off is a fine deal... not everyone needs or craves to get the absolute best bargain. Especially if it takes months of haggling with obnoxious salesman.

Some folks just want to get a vehicle and be done with it. Others need to berate everyone else into thinking they got had because they didn't have the desire to play the silly pricing game. Personally, I'm not going to worry about and extra 1-2%.... I can afford it either way. My time is more precious than a few $$.

YMMV

$23,750 OTD for a 2016.5 Sport (Non-AWD) is pretty decent. The salespeople were probably stoked considering they sold two cars in one deal at the end of the month/year; those 16.5 models in a few months will certainly go down in price though, especially the sport trims.

I personally would never buy two of the same exact cars because I would just get bored (maybe just get one cx-5 and one subaru crosstrek, if you need both cars for utility purposes).

$23,750 OTD for a 2016.5 Sport (Non-AWD) is pretty decent. The salespeople were probably stoked considering they sold two cars in one deal at the end of the month/year; those 16.5 models in a few months will certainly go down in price though, especially the sport trims.

I personally would never buy two of the same exact cars because I would just get bored (maybe just get one cx-5 and one subaru crosstrek, if you need both cars for utility purposes).

If I were to buy 2 new CUVs today within our budget. One new CX-5 and one new CRV.

If I were to buy 2 new CUVs today within our budget. One new CX-5 and one new CRV.

We parked next to a brand new 2017 CRV Touring this morning. It looked really nice, especially the rear end from a side profile. Doesn't really look like a minivan anymore.

My GF is only leasing her 2015 CRV, so she might slide into a newer one when the lease runs out in Spring 2018.

We parked next to a brand new 2017 CRV Touring this morning. It looked really nice, especially the rear end from a side profile. Doesn't really look like a minivan anymore.

My GF is only leasing her 2015 CRV, so she might slide into a newer one when the lease runs out in Spring 2018.

Shifter still sort of looks like a mini-van on the new CRV otherwise I appreciate the utilitarian aspect of that car. Really contrasts with the CX-5. Contrast if fun!! That said 2018 huh? Okay I expect Honda's current engines to be the norm for the next 10 years of so. In 2018 lets see if skyactiv 2 shakes things up. They may also bring a 2.5 Turbo to the CX-5 lineup?

Shifter still sort of looks like a mini-van on the new CRV otherwise I appreciate the utilitarian aspect of that car. Really contrasts with the CX-5. Contrast if fun!! That said 2018 huh? Okay I expect Honda's current engines to be the norm for the next 10 years of so. In 2018 lets see if skyactiv 2 shakes things up. They may also bring a 2.5 Turbo to the CX-5 lineup?

Yeah, I don't like the shifter position on the CRV either (old or new). I didn't get that good of a look at the interior, but I liked what I saw on the outside except for the rims (I've seen interior pics on C&Ds website though).

She hasn't made up her mind if she wants to keep the 2015... only time will tell. But she's a bit leery of long term reliability and maintenance costs of a turbo engine (she saw all the maintenance that went into my 3000GT Twin Turbo VR4).

I really don't know if Mazda will drop the 2.5T into the CX5... despite what the enthusiasts on this forum say, I doubt it would really lift sales unless its somehow positioned to go up against an Audi QS5 or something similar upmarket. The lame and slow Nissan Rogue is outselling the CX5 3:1 and it has a wimpy 170 hp engine along with the CVT. But it offers a ton of amenities that Mazda doesn't. And most Americans seem to want that over power.

Yeah, I don't like the shifter position on the CRV either (old or new). I didn't get that good of a look at the interior, but I liked what I saw on the outside except for the rims (I've seen interior pics on C&Ds website though).

She hasn't made up her mind if she wants to keep the 2015... only time will tell. But she's a bit leery of long term reliability and maintenance costs of a turbo engine (she saw all the maintenance that went into my 3000GT Twin Turbo VR4).

I really don't know if Mazda will drop the 2.5T into the CX5... despite what the enthusiasts on this forum say, I doubt it would really lift sales unless its somehow positioned to go up against an Audi QS5 or something similar upmarket. The lame and slow Nissan Rogue is outselling the CX5 3:1 and it has a wimpy 170 hp engine along with the CVT. But it offers a ton of amenities that Mazda doesn't. And most Americans seem to want that over power.

See could've used your CX-5 as a barometer for long term ownership but then again you only had yours a year. She seems to be a Rav4 type of gal.

Actually she's a stick shift kinda gal.... almost got a forester, but went with CRV last minute due to fears of Subaru Engine problems...

She likes the CX5, but like you said, doesn't want to have two of the same vehicle.

However, in hindsight, she says I should have given her my 4Runner before trading it in for the 2014 Mazda 3. She really liked that as she used to have a Wrangler with stick shift. Then she drove the Mazda 6 stick shift for about 7 years.... she really liked it but we needed more cargo room.

Back