2016 Mazda CX-9 Wheel Vibration

did they look at the engine mounts ? sometimes they go bad or get loose and the engine will vibrate the car at highway speeds.....

Not sure if they checked those. The problem is the vibration is intermittent. Doesn't happen all the time, and it's sometimes worse than other times. It's very frustrating.

It feels like it's originating from the rear. I believe the next step might be to replace the rear diff to see if it's the cause.

They replaced the drive shaft because they road tested the car with it taken out and it seemed to disappear. Logical thought process, but after a couple days, the vibration returned.

This is the weirdest thing I've ever encountered with a vehicle.

My 2017 Signature experienced the exact same problem after 6000 Km and Mazda Dealer tried the same repairs you mentioned above. Vibrations are still present though.
If the problem was solved on your car can you share the solutions please?

Regards

My 2017 Signature experienced the exact same problem after 6000 Km and Mazda Dealer tried the same repairs you mentioned above. Vibrations are still present though.
If the problem was solved on your car can you share the solutions please?

Regards
Mazda dealer replaced my winter steel wheels with alloy wheels and vibrations stopped!

It is possible that the winter steel wheels were not actually centered when the tire shop balanced them by mounting them on the balancing machine using the wheels' center pilot hole. If the wheels had been balanced centered by the lug holes they might have been fine. The lug-centric adapter is not used as often as it should be used on certain wheels. With non-OE wheels, the center pilot hole is sometimes not in the actual true center of the wheel.

If the vibration can be construed as diminishing use, value, or safety, look into your state's Lemon Law--each state is a bit different. Canada has a weaker system, but also worth looking into. A Lemon Law filing gets the manufacturer's attention better than a complaint from any of us.

How did you resolve this?

Hello - I'm having the same problem with my CX9. Have had alignment, tires replaced, and multiple balancing. Vibration is intermittent and variable in intensity. Aviboy97, how did you end up fixing it??

Not sure if they checked those. The problem is the vibration is intermittent. Doesn't happen all the time, and it's sometimes worse than other times. It's very frustrating.

It feels like it's originating from the rear. I believe the next step might be to replace the rear diff to see if it's the cause.

They replaced the drive shaft because they road tested the car with it taken out and it seemed to disappear. Logical thought process, but after a couple days, the vibration returned.

This is the weirdest thing I've ever encountered with a vehicle.

Hello - I'm having the same problem with my CX9. Have had alignment, tires replaced, and multiple balancing. Vibration is intermittent and variable in intensity. Aviboy97, how did you end up fixing it??

I ended up trading the car in for a 2017 little over a year ago. The dealer gave me an offer I couldnt say no to.

I never followed up with them about a fix for the car I traded. Not sure that it ended up being.

My 2017 has been perfectly fine.

Have had alignment, tires replaced, and multiple balancing.
Misalignment won't cause vibration. Worn or defective suspension parts can, but that's not alignment. Tires can be out of balance, out of round, or have one side stiffer than the other (lack of uniformity). http://www.barrystiretech.com/unifandbal.html Wheels can be eccentric, bent, or otherwise defective.

Once all these have been correctly checked, it's time to dig much deeper into all the rotating mechanical parts. It is a waste of time to do any of the jobs (correctly) more than once. The usual service writer, or even most service managers, is out of his depth. It's time to get Mazda North America on the job.

Get videos of the vibration shaking the car, or just shaking your hand holding the camera, with the speedometer and tachometer in view. Escalate to the Mazda factory reps.

Back