Upgrading to 59.00.441 question

mikefly562

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Does anyone know if the end user can download and upgrade the Mazda Connect to version 59.00.441 NA? I currently have 55.00753 NA.

I've been searching google and have not had much luck on how to do it (although it looks like I found an area where I can download the files). Is this something that can only be done at the dealer? Is it even worth the upgrade?

Thanks,
Mike

don't do it, if it ain't broke, don't mess with it, be glad that you have v55, it's very stable

per new CX-9 owners. v59 is a nightmare,

those who "upgraded" (more like downgraded) to v59, hate it and want to revert back to v58 and v58 isn't that great either to begin with.

One 2016 CX-9 owner had the whole infotainment unit replaced and wanted v58 but dealer installed v59 and the brand new infotainment unit still has problems with v59......

see link: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123858194-2016-CX-9-Infotainment-System-problems-V59-Update

Last edited:
Might be something about the CX-9 VS CX-5 because when I upgraded My 2016 CX-5 GT to 59.00.411 I noticed a big improvement in BT Connectivity. Hasn't dropped at all since upgrade. Basically no more issues at all except with Pandora and I'm beginning to suspect thats a issue with the app itself

Might be something about the CX-9 VS CX-5 because when I upgraded My 2016 CX-5 GT to 59.00.411 I noticed a big improvement in BT Connectivity. Hasn't dropped at all since upgrade. Basically no more issues at all except with Pandora and I'm beginning to suspect thats a issue with the app itself

Did you do the upgrade yourself? How?

I was speaking on the phone to a Mazda Australia customer service rep today about two issues with my 2016 CX5 Akera.

The "flaky at best" performance of the Mazda infotainment system was one of the issues.

He told me that Mazda Japan have promised a significant software upgrade to the system, sometime "early in 2017".

They are hoping that this will address the slowness, freezing, connectivity, and other issues many people have been having. He agreed that the system performance currently leaves a lot to be desired.

So it may Bev worth waiting a while to see what the new sw version to be released has to offer.

Back