2017 Front End...

As opposed to say the Rav4 which is tapered back and looks way more aerodynamic... The new cx-5 grill just looks too flat/over-vertical for me... Of course the irony being the cx-5 does better mileage wise...

2015-Toyota-RAV4-SUV-photo-01-800.jpg

I think the flat look looks better and the CX-5 had historically been the most aerodynamic vehicle of its class. Actually better than most cars even. Never been a fan of Acura's pointy nose either.

If you take a picture just a few degrees down, you would notice a gap(space) between the hood and grill, which looks weird. It looks better then the CX9 for sure, but I don't understand, why they make them so vertical, or in the CX9's case, pointing forward? If this angle would be a bit pointing backward, it would be perfect.
It's like the Hyundai Genesis coupe. It looks awesome, but the rear side window's bottom line, kills the look.

If you take a picture just a few degrees down, you would notice a gap(space) between the hood and grill, which looks weird. It looks better then the CX9 for sure, but I don't understand, why they make them so vertical, or in the CX9's case, pointing forward? If this angle would be a bit pointing backward, it would be perfect.

I agree, that's what I'm saying... I like the look, but it should angle back at least a few degrees, instead of angling forward a few degrees...

Back