Goal of 225 WHP for the car, waiting on a forged motor. Tips?

Wtf, how do you have the money for that many transmissions??

Pull-A-Part sells transmissions for $75 each. It takes all of 45 minutes to have one on the ground in a fully dressed car.

Your internals do not dictate how much power you will make.

I know, I just meant because I've heard the FS engine is extremely weak in a durability sense, which is why I went for the upgrade.

Are the AWR motor mounts a good upgrade or should I look for something else? I really appreciate the help.

I know, I just meant because I've heard the FS engine is extremely weak in a durability sense, which is why I went for the upgrade.

Are the AWR motor mounts a good upgrade or should I look for something else? I really appreciate the help.
Solid motor mounts help save your transmission and put power to the road.
Awr is great. You could also buy a set of oem mounts and fill them with 3m window weld polyurethane. That will save a lot of money and it is a nice balance between ride comfort and firmness.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Actually, the FS is incredibly durable as a daily driver. It's only when you start wanting it to become something more than the heart of a grocery getter that it starts becoming problematic.

Actually, the FS is incredibly durable as a daily driver. It's only when you start wanting it to become something more than the heart of a grocery getter that it starts becoming problematic.

I can agree with that, I'm actually surprised that I haven't killed mine yet. It's been parked for about 2-3 years now but prior to that I had boost creep city upwards of 18+ lbs of boost at anything over 5k rpms with the stock ECU. The stupid car would literally out run a mildly bolted stock tuned evo 9 or 10, that's not to say it would run laps but it would pull slowly.

Edit: I think a lot of it has to do with not lugging the car down in low rpms with high boost and driving around the stock ecu tuning.

Last edited:
AWR mounts are the best you can get, but they do change the feel of the car and it will shake more. You get used to it and I would never go back to stock mounts. The FS block itself is supposed to be good to 700hp, the rods are the weak point that can snap at low power. Frequently (as was the case with my second MSP before I bought it) people run the car low on oil and ruin the main or rod bearings. They get hot, expand and seize, zoom zoom boom.

Eh, I bought the car at 98,000 miles and it blew two weeks later. The only thing the previous owner did to it was an Injen CAI. Maybe he was bad at maintaining it, I dunno.

AWR mounts are the best you can get, but they do change the feel of the car and it will shake more. You get used to it and I would never go back to stock mounts. The FS block itself is supposed to be good to 700hp, the rods are the weak point that can snap at low power. Frequently (as was the case with my second MSP before I bought it) people run the car low on oil and ruin the main or rod bearings. They get hot, expand and seize, zoom zoom boom.

https://www.speedcircuit.net/index....ts/awr-complete-engine-mount-set-protege.html

Does that seem reasonable?

Last edited:
Not sure I wanna spend 450 dollars on motor mounts. Maybe in the future, for now I think I'll just get the front, rear and side inserts.

It won't make a huge difference either way, but you may as well do it right the first time. If you are dropping more than the value of the car on a new forged motor then a good set of motor mounts should be necessary.

You could also buy a set of oem mounts and fill them with 3m window weld polyurethane. That will save a lot of money and it is a nice balance between ride comfort and firmness.

Is this actually a decent balanced solution? lol

Back