Just a little purple protege5 build

Clean throttle body, new belts, new plugs BKR5E-11 NGK, seafoam, i also bought a lightweight crank pulley, seemed to help power and acceleration.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

That's all really cool? Is it hard to find those parts? And would it be cheaper just to buy a busted parts car?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Interior parts are easy to find at any junkyard that has a couple proteges in it. Both of the ones near me usually have at least 5 or so at a time.
As far as performance parts, there are plenty of threads on that topic. You can delete the VTCS flaps, flash the ECU to the MP3 tune, lighter flywheel/crank pulley, motor mounts, lighter wheels, FSZE intake/Corksport exhaust cams, adjustable cam gears, CAI/RAI, header, high flow cat. A tune up will always help make the most power if you haven't done one recently.

Sweet! Thanks for the info. I'm currently getting my car inspected to get new GA tags. If you haven't seen, it's been expired since April.

Also? Part cars are cheap? Like less than 300? If I got a parts car and stripped it, would you guys need any parts?

Ive actually seen some parts cars for 200-600, at least regular proteges, look on CL and Facebook marketplace

I got some sexy pictures for the forums.

7926586a8dbfe0c59d17df90f41fed76.jpg

d5d6d2a8280f5495841ca737224a9899.jpg

02b8fd535a2faa6e04f320de87ef222d.jpg

032d9856a012e1ea9cf35647fc354207.jpg

Let's see your cars? 💪💪

I know man! I just freaking love this color! My roof and hood need to be redone, I got sap stains. :( but it's a awesome color.

Hey! Anyone here live in ga and could help me out with registion? The want to charge me 250 for my car, is that right?

So what's up guys! Little issue here, I have a squeaky belt, but I can't find out the problem. I've checked the belt itself, but it's brand new, and there doesn't seem to be any wobble on the belt as it goes through the pulleys. The sound seems to be conning from what I believe is the AC thing.

Spray water on the pulley by the belt and see if it goes away. If not, its a pulley or bearing.

I sprayed water on it, it got really loud then quiet again. Once the car is warm, it won't sqeak.

Yea if it gets quiet its the belt.....welcome to one of the drawbacks of the p5....

Mine does it when i put any kind of draw on the alternator, ie headlights, fogs, heat etc

So I should get a new belt? Even though this one is brand new? Could it be the tension pulley?

Honestly ill let the pros on this car take over, cause im confused about mine still

New belts stretch a bit after installation.
Check your belt tensions again.

A good rule of thumb is to reach in there and twist the belt... You should be able to stand it up sideways but not turn it upsidedown.

It's supposed to move 10 mm at the middle of the belt but that can be hard to measure and judge.

Loose belts squeal but over tightening can wreck the bearings.... It's a difficult balancing act.

So I should tighten it little by little until it stops squeaking? Or should I have a pro check it out.

Back