Just a little purple protege5 build

Kinda hard from my phone, but just go through Forums -Marketplace - protege, p5, mp3, msp FS. Should be able to find it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Alright! It's been a while huh? I'm looking at a new wheel and tire combo for my protege5. I'm looking at the stock racing hearts, or maybe the Mazdaspeed 3 rims? I saw a long while back a guy painted his mazda 3 wheel highlighter yellow, and on that purple car it looked awesome. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm in desperate need of some new brake discs.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hey hey! Been a minute huh? I'm looking into dropping the car for the cheap. Any suggestions? I'm planing to keep the wheels between 17 and 16 inches. I'm not in the financial situation to afford coilovers, so springs?

Hey hey! Been a minute huh? I'm looking into dropping the car for the cheap. Any suggestions? I'm planing to keep the wheels between 17 and 16 inches. I'm not in the financial situation to afford coilovers, so springs?

Tein, Eibach, tanabe, h&r, espelir... the list goes on. All have been used over the years, but I've only had Eibach myself. I thought they were great though.

Alright! I'll look into it.

Another question however,
When I took my headlights off to paint them, the previous owner had broken the headlights and Jerry rigged em to stay straight. They now point straight up. The metal bar that holds the light bulb in is broken on one side, and gone on the other. Any way to fix this? Is there a way to get those parts?

i used those bracket things you get when you buy car speakers so you can see if you have any laying around.. i bent them out and screwed them in to hold the back of the bulb in.. its kind of a pita to move it around though
looks like this
speaker_13.jpg

i personally have tein s-tech springs, after breaking in they sit real nice now, a bit of a stiffer ride than stock but i like it better tbh
had cheap in mind as well lol, they go well with stock struts too
this is what it looks like, i have 15mm spacers all around though
qnpni8.jpg

Sweet ride! What kind of wheels are you riding on? And I'll try out those clips next time I take a trip to the auto store.

Alright!!! So...... For the past couple days the outside door moulding on my drivers side door started falling off. So to fix it, I took all the mouldings off. It was a pain in the arse. But 3 hours of work and a subway sandwich later is all off and the car had its first wash since winter started. Looks awesome. I'll post pics when it gets light outside.

Sweet ride! What kind of wheels are you riding on? And I'll try out those clips next time I take a trip to the auto store.

running 16" steelies with mazda hub caps lol
just a precaution, it could get frustrating but once its in its.. in; unless youre able to make up your own clip of some sort

Hey guys! So, I removed the silly stickers cause they were giving me a "teenager with a slow car" vibe. (PROMISE I'll get pictures tomorrow.) and......I read on the forums somewhere that I would need to replace my stock struts before I add lowered springs? My car is at 153k miles, and (as I know of) the struts have never been replaced. So, should I get new struts too? And put them and the new springs on at the same time?

Haha. Got it! Any kind I should look for specificly? What's the best bang for buck here? (keep in mind I work 70+ hours a week for a 560 pay check) keep it cheap for me please.

Back