Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchasing new tires from discount tires for my AWD cx-5. Which do you recommend?

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Also, that total charge includes all the fees and hazard warranty

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Has anyone ordered from tirerack? I could have it arrive on Thursday...but I am a bit concerned about their warranty/service repairs.

If I went with them, I would be mssing out on the lifetime service discount tires offers right?

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Purchasing new tires from discount tires for my AWD cx-5. Which do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by speedyboy13 View Post
    Thanks. I would love to, but there is no way I can wait over a week. I need to drive my car by thursday :/
    From my experience the local Discount Tire Store can get tires not in stock within a day or two from their regional warehouse, or from another store. If you go through the Tire Rack, it'll take time to ship, and the expedited shipping charge is expensive for tires. I don't understand why you think go through Tire Rack would be faster than go though local Discount Tire Store? Have you actually talked to any of your local Discount Tire Stores checking what tires they can get for you before Thursday? You can compare them with the comparison tables I posted earlier and make your decision. And remember these local Discount Tire Stores normally are willing to match prices if the price is your concern.

Of course you still can go Firestone Store for these two tires if you prefer.

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

Has anyone ordered from tirerack? I could have it arrive on Thursday...but I am a bit concerned about their warranty/service repairs.

If I went with them, I would be mssing out on the lifetime service discount tires offers right?
    Even without the lifetime warranty service which in my experience is top notch, they give you free balance/rotations for life of tires. If you have multiple DTs in your area, you have a larger pool for future stocked purchases. Not to mention if you get a puncture...free repair at your nearest location. I also highly recommend for any servicing/installs to schedule an appointment. They always have a long line upon opening their doors. With the appointment you skip that entire line.

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOM mazdadude's Avatar

'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

I've ordered many many tires from tire rack. They are always delivered here in a day or two. The price on the Tire Rack site usually include your road hazard too, but I have never had to use the Tire Rack road hazard warranty yet, so I cannot vouch for the road hazard end.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Anyone interested in buying 3 stock tires (12k miles)? haha

i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Anyone interested in buying 3 stock tires (12k miles)? haha
    Sell them individually as full size spares :-) If they were the 19's.... heck I might drive down to Oregon for one.
    NB1 Navigation Updates (995 NEW-8/2017) / Why Mazda moly oil? - Mazda TSBs / Mazda owners manuals / SkyActiv Oil Analysis Thread

==================
    Current Vehicles:

'15 CX-5 GT 2.5L w/tech package & i-ACTIV AWD - Liquid Silver Metallic (04/2014 build-07/2014 delivery) - 37K Miles
    '12 Lexus GX 460 Premium (Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 150) / Torsen with ATRAC AWD - 40K miles
    '07 Infiniti G35x w/tech (Nissan Skyline V36) / ATTESA E-TS AWD - 90K miles
    '00 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L TJ - 5 speed / NP231 PT Transfer Case - 115K miles

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOM mazdadude's Avatar

'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

if they are 17's I would also want one.

I have been in your exact position before and it sucks to have to make a choice to buy 1 and shave, or buy 4 of something better... Since I lease and my parents also have the same car also, a spare OEM would be a nice peace of mind...

In 2012 on our first cx5 with but a couple thousand or so miles on it I had a sidewall puncture that took out a tire, and I opted to buy 1 of the OEM tires, it was an expensive choice, and an uncommon tire at that time...
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Purchasing new tires from discount tires for my AWD cx-5. Which do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by mazdadude View Post
    if they are 17's I would also want one.
    OP does have 3 extra 17" OE tires ⋯

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5

Hey guys,

So yesterday I drove over a box knife, which punctured my tire beyond repair. I'm at 13k miles and I can either buy one tire and have it shaved down or buy 4 new ones.

I'm opting towards 4 new ones because the stock tires would probably only have a good year left on them.

Cheers.
    The US CX-5s don't have limited slip differentials, so there is not a good reason to buy 4 unless you hate the OEM tires. How much wear do they have in 13k miles???????

I'm very happy with my Michelin Premier LTX tires. They are quieter than the Toyos and ride softer, with little sacrifice in steering response. They are excellent in the rain.
    Last edited by ColtX-5; 12-27-2016 at 06:04 PM.
    '06 MX-5 6MT, Custom Sprung Ohlins, Tomei LSD
    '15 CX-5 GT AWD w/Soul - Deceased
    '16.5 CX-5 T AWD w/more Soul
    IBA/COG Desmoquattro for pleasure

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Mazdadude- I'll hold one for you if you would like? Are you ever up in Oregon?

Coltx-5 - Not much wear. But I decided to just get new General Altimax Rt43's. I couldn't find a replacement tire here in town and couldn't afford to wait another week. Was a tough choice :/

If anyone else is interesting in buying a 1 tire for a backup, let me know and I can hold it for you until we can meet up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12