Purchasing new tires from discount tires for my AWD cx-5. Which do you recommend?

if they are 17's I would also want one.

I have been in your exact position before and it sucks to have to make a choice to buy 1 and shave, or buy 4 of something better... Since I lease and my parents also have the same car also, a spare OEM would be a nice peace of mind...

In 2012 on our first cx5 with but a couple thousand or so miles on it I had a sidewall puncture that took out a tire, and I opted to buy 1 of the OEM tires, it was an expensive choice, and an uncommon tire at that time...(whistle)

Hey guys,

So yesterday I drove over a box knife, which punctured my tire beyond repair. I'm at 13k miles and I can either buy one tire and have it shaved down or buy 4 new ones.

I'm opting towards 4 new ones because the stock tires would probably only have a good year left on them.

Cheers.

The US CX-5s don't have limited slip differentials, so there is not a good reason to buy 4 unless you hate the OEM tires. How much wear do they have in 13k miles???????

I'm very happy with my Michelin Premier LTX tires. They are quieter than the Toyos and ride softer, with little sacrifice in steering response. They are excellent in the rain.

Last edited:
Mazdadude- I'll hold one for you if you would like? Are you ever up in Oregon?

Coltx-5 - Not much wear. But I decided to just get new General Altimax Rt43's. I couldn't find a replacement tire here in town and couldn't afford to wait another week. Was a tough choice :/

If anyone else is interesting in buying a 1 tire for a backup, let me know and I can hold it for you until we can meet up.

Back