2014 grand touring sputtering

Strtsol1109

:
2014 Mazda cx5
What's up guys, decided to do some maintinence on my 2014 cx5 with 75000 miles today. Changed the oil like normal with the 0w20 and go some new plugs just because. Swapped the plugs out and the car started sputtering around 25 mph. So I switched back to the original plugs I wasn't having any issues with and the car seemed to feel better but then the sputtering came back. No CELs or anything like that. Any ideas guys?

It is very possible that you damaged a plug wire or some other conductive. I suffered an identical issue way back in the day with a P71 police car. Changing the plug wires gave me a TON more power immediately and fixed driveability issues, lol

I say this, because it worked fine. You changed plugs. It was broke. You put the plugs back in that worked fine. It's still broke. An oil-change will not cause "sputtering" unless you've gone terribly wrong. The only other thing you told me you touched was the plugs, and things involving them.

Any chance dirt dropped into the spark plug hole? Are you making them tight enough so you have a good seal (torque wrench)? Correct plug gap? Common denominator looks to be the coil, damaged when you pulled it off?

Last edited:
Back