Tires for latest gen Mazda6 19"

:
Mazda6 GT, MX5 PRHT
Any feedback from people who have bought new tires for their latest gen 6? I'm looking for quiet, smooth, at least 40k miles as top priorities. A decent price would be nice too.

A bit late to the party but the Firestone indy 500's get top customer ratings on tire rack

I just installed BFG Comp 2 A/S. They looks extremely nice and improved handling a bunch. Road noise is about the same as the Dunlops. I hope to use them in the winter in light snow, but we'll see how that goes.

I just installed BFG Comp 2 A/S. They looks extremely nice and improved handling a bunch. Road noise is about the same as the Dunlops. I hope to use them in the winter in light snow, but we'll see how that goes.

I have these same tires on my 2016 GT.. I replaced the oem Dunlops at 9,500 miles and love the BFG's especially in the rain and snow!

Great to hear on snow performance. They have done well in the rain so far. For the price, they're a deal.

A bit late to the party but the Firestone indy 500's get top customer ratings on tire rack

firestone indys are great value for performance tires.

for mazda, I always recommend sticking to yokohama. they are well tuned to the vehicle.

Don't the latest Mazda 6 with 19's come with specific Bridgestones from the factory?

Mine has a brand called Nankang and shockingly the car is pretty quiet plus the ride is good. When these are done I'll go back to the OEM Bridgestones unless it's not this brand.

My CX-9 OEM tire is Bridgestone.

Don't the latest Mazda 6 with 19's come with specific Bridgestones from the factory?

Mine has a brand called Nankang and shockingly the car is pretty quiet plus the ride is good. When these are done I'll go back to the OEM Bridgestones unless it's not this brand.

My CX-9 OEM tire is Bridgestone.

No they come with a Dunlop model that apparently you can't get in the U.S. You can get the same model number but it has a different tread pattern.

The 2017 CX-9 comes with Yokohama or Falken.

Stick to Yokohama for these cars guys. The avid envigors are reasonably priced for the performance. If you want summer tires then step up to the s drives.

No they come with a Dunlop model that apparently you can't get in the U.S. You can get the same model number but it has a different tread pattern.

The 2017 CX-9 comes with Yokohama or Falken.

Check out my Mazda 6 Thread (link below). Do the Yokohama's look aggressive? These are the Nankang I speak of. They look pretty aggressive but would like to go wider when these are done.

My pour wife, I even have to mess with her cars. I can't leave things alone. Vanity mirror LED's and reverse LED's come in tomorrow, I'll add it to my thread. I should have labeled it as build thread.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...d-Touring-Red-Black-Leather-Owner-(Pic-Heavy)

Nankang is a major brand from Taiwan. The other is Kenda.
Good C/P value.
Few dealers in US carry them.

Nankang is a major brand from Taiwan. The other is Kenda.
Good C/P value.
Few dealers in US carry them.

Thanks. Never heard of Kenda either.

I guess I can recommend the Nankang since they are smooth, quiet and my wife says drives great on the highway (she drives 95 miles per day).

So for those looking for a cost effective tire with great performance then take a look at Nankang.

I think treadwear is around 280 on these. I would still opt for a wider tire on a 19 inch rim and it could also be taller filing in the fender gap. Maybe a 235-50-19, not sure if this size has poke though. I'll look around the interwebz for pictures.

Thanks for the feedback on Nankang. I personally wouldn't buy anything that didn't get a favorable review on tirerack.com or consumer reports. Tirerack likes the new General G-max UHP all season which is only $144 in this size. That might be my choice in ~3 years when it's time to replace the OEM Dunlops.

Tirerack does not carry Nankang or Kenda.
It took a while for Kumho to get on their shelves...
Kumho is Korean.

firestone indy 500 tires are actually rebranded Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003 tires to be sold in the US. very good performance tire for the price.

stay away from that no name crap. if you want a high performing, reasonably price tire, go with firestone indy 500.

The Firestone Indy 500 is a summer tire. From my research it seems like the BFG Comp A/S is the best all season tire for the money that fits our cars.

Back