Cabin Air Filter?

SeCX-9

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Anyone know if there's a replaceable cabin air filter on the 2016 CX-9? Previous 08 and current 09 CX-7 both have them behind the glove box. I can't see any reference in the manual.

While I'm on the topic of filters, anyone install a K&N Air Filter? Had one of those in my old CX-9 too.

I looked through the entire PDF on the MAZDA website and you are correct!

No mention of the cabin air filter except for in the Recommended maintenance schedule charts...

Now if it is like the current CX-5, it is easy as pie, and involves slightly squeezing in the side panels of the glovebox to drop the glovebox door, and then the filter is easily accessed to slide out and replace, and glovebox door sides squeezed as the door is lifted back up. No tools required, and can be done in 10 seconds...

Anyone figure out where the cabin air filter is located? If it is as difficult as my 2008 Mazda 3, then I'll take it to the dealer.

I'm going to ask the dealer when I go in for my first oil change. That and the low windshield washer fluid alert light which is missing.

anyone install a K&N Air Filter?
Waste of money unless one is driving in a very dusty place and is willing to clean the filter often. There is no way it can improve gas mileage, and it might (might) add a smidgen of horsepower at very top end. I don't drive with the engine revving at very top rpm.

Back