2011 Mazda2 Manual Transaxle Fluid Change 110k Miles

micmac1911

:
2011 Mazda 2
Hello,
I have read a lot of good info on changing my tranny fluid. I believe I will go with Redline MTL or Pennzoil Synchromesh. What I have not been able to tell from reading the older posts is whether or not I will be able to extract the fluid with my oil extractor, or will I have to remove my Corksport skid plate and drain the traditional way? Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks
Michael

Redline mtl. Have used it for two flushes now over two years. Just make sure if you do a simple funnel and PVC tube to put the oil in, that the tube is really small diameter as I got one a little too big and everything went everywhere

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Use the MTL. I'm fairly sure that Pennzoil Synchromesh is much thinner than MTL, and know it's not GL-4 rated.

Also pull the skid plate and drain it like normal - there's no way you can get anything into the fill hole or the fluid level inspection hole(yes there are two places you could potentially fill it up, but only one of them is valid for checking the level) and actually slurp all the fluid out for sure.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...r-oil-change&p=6374028&viewfull=1#post6374028

Last edited:
Back