Thinking of buying a Mazda3. Recommendations? 2010 vs 2011

Crawx

:
Mazda
I'm looking to buy a Mazda3, currently eyeing a 2011 version, but this will be my first Mazda. Is there anything i should be looking out for? I got a couple more questions:

- Which model should I buy? 2011 or 2010? (Can't go higher than that due to budget)

- Depending on the model, what should I check before buying?

- I noticed there are several models, I'm looking one that has at the very least bluetooth telephony. (The more features the better)

That's about it.. Unless you guys have info to share (2thumbs)

Thanks in advance!

I would get the newest one you can afford. Both years are rated better than average in reliability by Consumer reports, but the 2011 is rated MUCH better than average. I'm not sure if the base model has Bluetooth for your cell phone, but even if it did I recommend at least the Touring edition. You can easily find a chart online that shows standard and option amenities for each trim level.

motor mounts, service records, auto trans fluid condition if you look at autos, HIDheadlights that leak, only rarely does this happen. basically motor mounts are the big thing to inspect on these cars outside normal used car look over

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 S GT which I bought new and it is still awesome and like new. It was built in March 2010 and that is important to you because some 2010 models were actually built in 2008 and 2009 so they are really 2 years older so watch for that. My S GT model, from what I have read, has held up really well over the Mazda3 i and other models from that year. However, some 2010 Mazda 3's are included in the recall for sticky dash. I live in Las Vegas where it gets extremely hot and pretty cold but my car has always been garage kept so it has not had that problem at all. If I were to take it in, I don't think they'd change the dash because the documentation I was sent says there has to be evidence of stickiness. The 2010 also has a stronger frame according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. That being said, I would get the 2011 if you can find one that has less miles, has been well-kept and if you can, one with heads up display - something my fully loaded with every option 2010 doesn't have. I agree with KMS about the engine mounts. One of mine was replaced two weeks ago. Get a 2.5 liter engine if possible because with the torque, they are completely awesome, are great at handling, and fun, fun, fun!

Last edited:
Parents have a 2010 5-Door 2.5L... it has been bulletproof other than replacing the stock radio under warranty as CD player had issues.

Back