Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto transmission flare changing from 3rd to 4th

Registered Member

CX5 Akera diesel

Oh well, it was too good to be true!

The flaring between the 3-4th gear change is back. Started doing it again on Saturday 18th. So the "fix" lasted just 3 days. Damnit!

I was able to get it on video this morrning and drove straight to the dealer and showed them. The foreman is going to drop past on his way to work tomorrow morning and we will take the car for a run when it has sat again overnight so he can experience it first hand.

So, back to the drawing board. Twice now they have done the PCM update and transmission relearning process. Batting 0-2. I think at this stage we can safely say that doing that again isnt going to solve the problem.

Ho hum......

Will keep updating as we progress.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Auto transmission flare changing from 3rd to 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    The flaring between the 3-4th gear change is back. Started doing it again on Saturday 18th. So the "fix" lasted just 3 days. Damnit!
    Sorry to hear that. We're happy when your dealer seemed to have fixed your transmission problxem after PCM update and transmission relearning process. Unfortunately my comment in earlier post still stands. Well, at least your Mazda dealer opens on Sunday so that you could take your CX-5 in. Our car dealers are all closed on Sunday in Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    I do believe your transmission is having issues and a replacement is imminent.

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring

I was able to get it on video this morrning and drove straight to the dealer and showed them. The foreman is going to drop past on his way to work tomorrow morning and we will take the car for a run when it has sat again overnight so he can experience it first hand.

So, back to the drawing board. Twice now they have done the PCM update and transmission relearning process. Batting 0-2. I think at this stage we can safely say that doing that again isnt going to solve the problem.

Ho hum......

Will keep updating as we progress.
    I think that we can safely say that going through the procedure again isn't going to solve the issue but I'll bet that doesn't stop the dealer from trying it again...
    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Registered Member

CX5 Akera diesel

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. We're happy when your dealer seemed to have fixed your transmission problxem after PCM update and transmission relearning process. Unfortunately my comment in earlier post still stands. Well, at least your Mazda dealer opens on Sunday so that you could take your CX-5 in. Our car dealers are all closed on Sunday in Texas!
    International date line - today is Monday here! Dealers closed Sundays hre too.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow

International date line - today is Monday here! Dealers closed Sundays hre too.
    Oops! Forgot Australia is 14 ~ 17 hours ahead of Texas, Central time zone!

Registered Member

2014 CX 5 Touring FWD

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5 View Post
    I think that we can safely say that going through the procedure again isn't going to solve the issue but I'll bet that doesn't stop the dealer from trying it again...
    lol, definition of insanity....

Registered Member

CX5 Akera diesel

The dealer's foreman came past this morning. Firstly, I showed him the video I made yesterday and he said that was very clear. Went for a test run - and you guessed it, it didnt flare. Heres the video. Make sure you go to full screen and turn volume up full.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3i9enlm16...Video.MOV?dl=0

But anyway, he was satisfied wth the video and asked me to send it to them. We chatted about the two previous software updates and i mnetioned that this latest one seems much better, and I also commented that there seemed to be little point doing the same thing again and expecting different results. He agreed.

He will report back, and Mazda will decide what is to be done, but he thinks that the module that controls the transmission will need to be replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12