Cx-5 License Plate LEDs!

DeluxePromo

:
Cx-5
f0fed51af0a711508507137303e3bb23.jpg

Last edited:
nice ! those are very bright , can you post a link to where you got them ?

you've got two CX-5's ? I see a 2016 to the right ...... I love the 2016 wheels, they're very unique and easy to clean, don;t even have to worry about brake dust, they camouflage the dust well, don;t even need wheel cleaners anymore, i just use a brush and clean off the silver areas.

Last edited:
nice ! you've got two CX-5's ? I see a 2016 to the right ......
Indeed, a family member owns the 2016👌. Just copy this into Amazon.com: Partsam 2pcs Ice Blue T10 194 168 Wedge 5-5050-SMD LED License Plate Light Lamp Bulb 12V.

Last edited:
I have purchased a LED kit from Amazon, and the licence plate light stopped working. The wires(contacts), that are bent back, are very thin and they lose contact after a while.

I have purchased a LED kit from Amazon, and the licence plate light stopped working. The wires(contacts), that are bent back, are very thin and they lose contact after a while.
You're absolutely correct! One of the rear license plate LEDs has started flickering due to similar issue. But my interior LED kit eBay vender is very nice and promised me sending two replacement LEDs from China even though I had the LED kit for a little more than a year!

I use this https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) from eBay because they're cheap and use newer and brighter 5730 rectangular LED chips:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I installed license plate LEDs from the kit. They look nice with white color and aren't brighter than original 5W bulbs as many people don't like the rear license plate LEDs getting too bright.

That new style 194/168 replacement LED with larger area copper flat contacts, instead of a single wire coming out which serves as a contact, and the clear silicone coating certainly is well made and should last a lot longer.
attachment.php

⋯ I have installed them on the licence plate lights and the longer ones on the reverse lights.
A pair of these new style 194/168 replacement LEDs for only $1.01 with free shipping?! Sometimes I wonder how these venders from China can make any money....

Would you mind to tell us are the rear license plate LEDs you installed brighter than original 5W incandescent bulbs or not? I don't like very bright rear license plate LEDs as they may affect rear-view camera too much in the dark.

Also would you please give us the link for "longer" version LED of this type for reverse lights? Same question, are they brighter than original 18W incandescent bulbs? In this case I want them brighter. :)

A pair of these new style 194/168 replacement LEDs for only $1.01 with free shipping?! Sometimes I wonder how these venders from China can make any money....

Would you mind to tell us are the rear license plate LEDs you installed brighter than original 5W incandescent bulbs or not? I don't like very bright rear license plate LEDs as they may affect rear-view camera too much in the dark.

Also would you please give us the link for "longer" version LED of this type for reverse lights? Same question, are they brighter than original 18W incandescent bulbs? In this case I want them brighter. :)
The LEDs you seen in my original photo, look better in person. Ill try to take a better photo sometime soon. Anyway, during night time it had no bad effects on the backup cam. Even added a but more light giving the camera less grain (not crazy improvment). If you want the link it is: Amazon -> (Partsam 2pcs Ice Blue T10 194 168 Wedge 5-5050-SMD LED License Plate Light Lamp Bulb 12V)

The LEDs you seen in my original photo, look better in person. Ill try to take a better photo sometime soon. Anyway, during night time it had no bad effects on the backup cam. Even added a but more light giving the camera less grain (not crazy improvment). If you want the link it is: Amazon -> (Partsam 2pcs Ice Blue T10 194 168 Wedge 5-5050-SMD LED License Plate Light Lamp Bulb 12V)
The one you have basically is the old style 5 5050-cell LED. If you compare yours with the one kiln recommends, you can clearly see the superiority of his - larger area copper flat contacts, instead of a single wire coming out which serves as a contact; the clear silicone coating; and most importantly, a single light source, instead of 5 like yours, which not only means the latest LED technology, but also imitates exactly like traditional incandescent light bulb for easy light focusing. Not to mention that for one dollar a pair with free shipping, I definitely like it a lot!

51CZWlx5qDL._SL250_.jpg

The one you have basically is the old style 5 5050-cell LED. If you compare yours with the one kiln recommends, you can clearly see the superiority of his - larger area copper flat contacts, instead of a single wire coming out which serves as a contact; the clear silicone coating; and most importantly, a single light source, instead of 5 like yours, which not only means the latest LED technology, but also imitates exactly like traditional incandescent light bulb for easy light focusing. Not to mention that for one dollar a pair with free shipping, I definitely like it a lot!

51CZWlx5qDL._SL250_.jpg
I would just worry it only costs a dollor...

I bought the whole LED kit on Amazon 1 year ago and replaced all the interior lights. They make a big difference.
However, after replacing the license plate lights, I went back to the stock ones. 1st, I didn't want/need to make my license plate too visible and 2nd, I observed that a brighter illumination of the license plate reduced the visibility of the rear camera display.

I would just worry it only costs a dollor...
I understand what you're saying. But I do feel the quality of that new-style LED, and I'd imagine it should last long too. The only thing I worry about is they may be too bright to be rear license plate lights for the reason frenchbiker just said.

After all, a dollar can't do too much nowadays... For a pair of very-well-designed LEDs, I think they well worth it! :)

I understand what you're saying. But I do feel the quality of that new-style LED, and I'd imagine it should last long too. The only thing I worry about is they may be too bright to be rear license plate lights for the reason frenchbiker just said.

After all, a dollar can't do too much nowadays... For a pair of very-well-designed LEDs, I think they well worth it! :)
Gotcha. Yeah ill be keeping an eye on mine and ill update you guys if anyhting goes wrong. 😎

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

just get Polarg LED bulbs and be done with it... OEM approved/sold by Mazda Japan as their OEM accessory kit... Made in Japan, no 3rd world made junk, proper light dispersal pattern and brightness... well worth the money!

just get Polarg LED bulbs and be done with it... OEM approved/sold by Mazda Japan as their OEM accessory kit... Made in Japan, no 3rd world made junk, proper light dispersal pattern and brightness... well worth the money!
Maybe, still want to see how mine holdup! Thanks man

Back