running BAD at about 300rpm PLEASE HELP

checked the plugs and they are tight. should i maybe pull the injectors and test them?

Shouldn't be necessary, they were working before.

My advice is to take it to a mechanic. There's nothing more I can suggest over the Internet, and you've checked the easy stuff.

Shouldn't be necessary, they were working before.

My advice is to take it to a mechanic. There's nothing more I can suggest over the Internet, and you've checked the easy stuff.
What about the camshaft position sensor? Does anyone know how to test it? my car has many symptoms of a failing camshaft sensor.

Is there any oil on the plugs? When you checked the plugs did you actually remove them or just remove the coils and boots? Do you have any pictures of the engine that we could look at? pictures of the intake, valve cover, and at the throttlebody? Is the maf plugged back in?

Is there any oil on the plugs? When you checked the plugs did you actually remove them or just remove the coils and boots? Do you have any pictures of the engine that we could look at? pictures of the intake, valve cover, and at the throttlebody? Is the maf plugged back in?
I actually took the plugs out and they aren't wet at all. The engine starts fine I just doesn't like to idle and it sound terrible. The sound seems to be from the left side of the engine so originally I had thought timing belt but I checked that and it's fine. I get some pics. Tested the mad with multimeter and seems to be fine.

I actually took the plugs out and they aren't wet at all. The engine starts fine I just doesn't like to idle and it sound terrible. The sound seems to be from the left side of the engine so originally I had thought timing belt but I checked that and it's fine. I get some pics. Tested the mad with multimeter and seems to be fine.
Also forgot to mention I replaced the camshaft position sensor with a used one (low km) and nothing changed.

OK EVERYONE I FOUND OUT WHAT HAPPENED. It turns out that my timing belt tensioner spring went. I hinted on this because I figured out that the terrible noise (which turned out to be the loose tensioner rattling around) disappeared at higher revs. I also inspected the timing belt again and though it seemed to be tight at first, loosened up quite a bit when i pushed on it and didn't spring back. I don't know how I missed this before lol. So anyways took the top plastic timing belt cover off to get a better look at the belt and sure enough, the spring was not attached to the peg. Then, I took the timing belt off and turns out the bearing on the tensioner and the idler are toast and of course the spring is stretched and wrecked. As for the bad running, I'm guessing the belt may have skipped a tooth or two because the tensioner was toast and the belt came loose. It's funny how coincidental it is that the spring went right after I took the valve cover off lol. Anyways I guess that shows how much havoc a 3$ part causes. Thanks for everyone's help!
PS. Does anybody know of good, fairly cheap replacement tensioners and idlers?

You should get the whole kit and do your water pump too.
(my advice is skip the cam and crank seals if they're not leaking)

Back