New- Used 2014 CX 9 Questions

tbone63

:
2015 Mazda6
I just picked up a 2014 CX9 Grand Touring. Love it. I miss my 15 Mazda6 that I traded in though. Great car....

I have a couple questions/issues:

My main problem is that I can't lock the door with the switch on the door. It re-locks right away as if the keyfob is in the center console. I put the fob 30 feet away and it still won't lock with the door switch. I can lock it with the fob or the door handle button no problem. Salesman said it is a safety feature to not lock keys in car. Really dumb. My 15 Mazda6 was not like this. Can it be defeated? It sounds like a proximity sensor is bad, imo.
I tried the lock programming feature as described in the manual to try and make it lock the doors as soon as I shift out of park or any other option 1 thru 6 and that doesn't work either.

Under "settings" on the stereo there is nothing to program the vehicles features like walk away locking, lights, etc. etc. My 15 Mazda 6 Touring had this. Did this start in 2015 or what is the deal? I can't believe it's not on the top of the line CX9. I don't have the Technology Package, but I didn't have it on my 6 Touring either.

Last edited:
So my wife goes inside with my keys and I bring in the groceries. When I am done I cannot lock the car. Wth?

I just picked up a 2014 CX9 Grand Touring. Love it. I miss my 15 Mazda6 that I traded in though. Great car....

I have a couple questions/issues:

My main problem is that I can't lock the door with the switch on the door. It re-locks right away as if the keyfob is in the center console. I put the fob 30 feet away and it still won't lock with the door switch. I can lock it with the fob or the door handle button no problem. Salesman said it is a safety feature to not lock keys in car. Really dumb. My 15 Mazda6 was not like this. Can it be defeated? It sounds like a proximity sensor is bad, imo.
I tried the lock programming feature as described in the manual to try and make it lock the doors as soon as I shift out of park or any other option 1 thru 6 and that doesn't work either.

Under "settings" on the stereo there is nothing to program the vehicles features like walk away locking, lights, etc. etc. My 15 Mazda 6 Touring had this. Did this start in 2015 or what is the deal? I can't believe it's not on the top of the line CX9. I don't have the Technology Package, but I didn't have it on my 6 Touring either.

You mean the inside lock button? I've had a number of cars with a proximity key, and all of them were like that--if you lock the car with the inside button, and then get out of the car and close the door, the car will not lock.

My 15 Mazda 6 and my wife's 13 Accord have the same proximity system and are not like this. You lock it with the inside door switch and walk away. If the key is left in the center console it will unlock in a few seconds.

This car unlocks immediately when you push the button even standing outside the car with the key. Or with the key inside the house. Why would you need a keyfob to LOCK a car?

Last edited:
Back