2008 CX-9 Rear Brake Squeal when reversing and light pedal - who has fixed this?

I found the TSB back in 2008 that addresses the issue and prescribes buying upgraded rear caliper mounts. I just placed the order at nearly $200. This squeal has been plaguing me for years. I suspect this is the silver bullet but wanted to verify if anyone else is able to vouch for this solution before I drop the coin.

Thanks.

Pootie tang 200 just for the caliper brackets? that is pretty expensive. Do you have the part numbers for these mounts, or is this different than the brackets where the caliper bolts to.

A pic of this part of you have one would be greatly appreciated. I need to see which part this is and is the tsb available?

Best price I could find:

L2322628X Caliper support. Disc Brake Caliper Bracket. 1 $74.27
L2322629X Caliper support. Disc Brake Caliper Bracket. 1 $76.15

WYClMH6.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at the picture of that part, it looks like a small cap that goes on a bolt. It is not even a new caliper mounting bracket. When you get this part in please take a photo of it and let us know if it works. This is kind of steep for a part that small. Unless that mazda dealer labeled it wrong.

Maybe I am buying the wrong part? I am buying caliper mounting brackets. Perhaps I am reading the TSB incorrectly? Further, I just checked my VIN and my number is JM3 TB 140039 so the TSB shouldn't apply, but the car squeals horribly in reverse just like the TSB symptoms. Always has. Hoping to end this problem.

So I verified that I ordered the wrong part and cancelled that order.

Now I am wondering if I need the Mounting Support Assemblies in the TSB. My VIN is higher than those specified in the TSB but the symptoms are very similar. No one has a picture of it so I can't tell if my car already has it.

Kornholio, if you can post that pic, that would be great.

If you are looking for the caliper bracket that holds the caliper i was able to see those pictures at rock auto. I also believe that they sell that cap that you put on the bolt to stop the squealing there in rock auto they call it a caliper damper for noise and they go for about 18 dollars a piece. Take a look at the rock auto website, they also have the picture of the caliper mounting bracket those are also 20 bucks each. Hope this info helps.

Dude, that's it! Ordered off of Amazon. Excited! Thanks for the help. Surprised no one else had ever mentioned these things.

Pootie tang, please let me know how this works out and if you can put pics that would be very helpful also. I hope that this works.

Well, I did, and put them on. Had high hopes as they look like seriously engineered dampers but after two days I am concluding that they do nothing for my symptom. It must be my pads, not the brackets. Will look into other methods.

I removed the dampers and removed the new pads and used CRC Brake Quiet on the back and Synthetic brake grease on the metal to metal contact. Problem seems solved. I also noticed the back of one of the pads was defectively cast and was missing some backing metal. I moved to the inboard side where this would not be an issue.

Solved. Used CRC Disc Brake Quiet on the back of the existing pads and shims and CRC synthetic caliper grease on all the other metal to metal contact points. Did it on the front and rear brakes. Totally silent now.

Thanks for the info. Good to know, I guess I did it wrong. I used the same method as you with the caliper grease at the metal points of contact and the crc at the back of the pads. Still squeaks, will check the front since I only did the back since it was worn already.

Glad to see a thread about this. I think everyone in my neighborhood loses some of their hearing every time I back it out of the garage. But that is the ONLY time it squeals. I've done everything I could think of for the front brakes, so it definitely seems like it is the rear brakes, which I've yet to ever replace at 94k miles. Gonna do rotors & pads this spring. That will be the 3rd set on the front, 2nd on the back. Gonna ditch ceramic and go semi-metallic as well. Good info here.

Back