Apple just updated list of supported vehicles for CarPlay--no CX-9 =(

Agreed and what's worse is the makes that do have CarPlay, changed their hardware as well to make it active. This most likely means that it won't just be a software update for current Mazda vehicle owners.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the case of the CX-5, only some of the competitors have it, the Honda CR-V, Santa Fe Sport, Ford Escape, and the Outlander. The new CR-V has lots of things going for it.

I went to the Mazda Red Carpet event last month in Dallas. This is a traveling event that visits various cities throughout the US. Guests can drive the new CX-9, ask questions of the Mazda reps, enjoy free food and music, and get various appreciation gifts. It was very nice. Anyhow, I did ask the reps about Apple CarPlay as well as a lot of other issues. One rep did not know anything definite, but suggested it was likely a control issue, i.e. other car makers are more willing to turn-over control to Apple compared to the conservative view of Mazda. As I said, this was just an off-the-cuff, unofficial comment. Bottom line-- don't expect it any time soon.

In the case of the CX-5, only some of the competitors have it, the Honda CR-V, Santa Fe Sport, Ford Escape, and the Outlander. The new CR-V has lots of things going for it.

Same is true for CX-9 competitors. No Acura or Nissan or Toyota. Honda's Pilot and other cars have it.

Same is true for CX-9 competitors. No Acura or Nissan or Toyota. Honda's Pilot and other cars have it.

Yes, I see a lot of the CX-9's competitors on that list...Acadia, Explorer, Pilot, Sorento... However, I'd still pick the CX-9 over any of those every day of the week, and twice on Sundays!

Back