Ideas for Organize for center console and keep coins on the 2016-CX9?

jbedoya

I am trying to get some suggestions for 2 challenges I have with my 2016GT

1. The CX9 2015- had a place to keep coins, which is missing on the 2016; can anyone recommend any stylish alternative for our 2016?
  2. In the other hand, the center console on 2016 model is smaller than previous models, so organizing the space for taking better advantage is important. Any suggestions as well?
    I am considering modifying a 5"x5"X2 inches bin to maintain it inside the console, but "floating on the upper". Nothing fancy, unfortunately, as I am not effective building things. so, if some one can share some ideas, it would be very appreciated

I got ripped off when I bought my 2015 GT. It looks like there is a place to put a coin holder but it has no coin holder. So, I found a business card holder, put it in the console and it works fine. Some double sided tape could be used to hold it in place but all the other items crammed in there holds it in place well.

Something like this?

coin_tray.jpg

The area next to the shifter seems ideal for a small tray. I also put a side pocket on the passenger side for charging cables.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

The image is of something I designed real quick that can be 3d printed, if you are interested I can make it for you.

I don't have a 2016 cx-9 so yes an image or 2 of the back of the console might be helpful to have.

Last edited:
Back