Mazda 6 2015 Touring - Transmission Lost Power During Drive

tjnson

:
Mazda 6 2015 Touring
So the other week I was driving down the road at about 35mph stuck behind someone, I went to pass the person and my transmission lost power. It would rev up to 6000rpm, but no power to the wheels. I put the car into "manual mode" attempting to manually shift the car into a gear, but it just displayed "m" and did not seem to know which gear it was in. Once I got down to about 10mph, it had power but would not shift out of 1st gear. I finally got it into a parking spot, turned the car off, and back on, and everything started working like normal... I took it to the Mazda dealership the next day, they ran a diagnosis on the transmission, and found nothing. They had me drive with one of the techs to try and recreate the issue, but obviously, no luck recreating it. They eventually told me there was nothing they could do at the time, but if it happened again, bring it back.

The car has 39,000 miles on it, and maintenance done regularly by the dealership.

I put about 20,000 miles on the car a year, so I am a little concerned about the reliability of the transmission after this issue. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I would be really interested to know the millage of your Mazda 6 with the new Skyactive trans and engine, and if you've had any problems with it so far.

Thanks,
Tyler

Back