RX8 Wheels on CX-5

SoulArmored

:
2016 CX5
I have only been able to find one picture of a CX5 with RX8 wheels. I'm considering these for mine as they are actually slightly lighter than the factory 17s even and a full inch wider. Are also quite easily and affordably accessible. Anybody have these please post them!

Specs:

18x8
5x114.3 Bolt Pattern
50mm Offset
21.5lb rim

Thanks
Evan

Last edited:
This is something I'm interested in doing as well. Local set of RX8 wheels (18X8; not sure what year) is only $300.00 for all 4. I'd like to have a lighter wheel but for the price it might be woth doing when my Yoko tires need to be replaced.
Thx for any input from someone who has done this!
Bill

Last edited:
With those specs, they should fit nicely.
One info that is missing, is the hole size. That is pretty important as well.

Cousin put a set on his 2012 Mazda3. The 8-inch width looked good. Man that's a really light wheel.

I have a spare set of RX-8 wheels. I don't think they're light by any means. My 18x9.5 Enkei RPF-1's feel like feathers compared to the 18x8 RX-8 stockers, and equally as strong if not stronger. My CX-5 19x7 stockers are heavy weights as well. It's as if they cast them with freakin' lead.

I have 17x9 RPF1 on my other car and they are 15.9lbs a piece so yes much lighter. Thought about putting on CX5 they just don't look all that great on it.

I can only imagine a set of RPF1's in 19x10 +22 concave face to look decent (given the fact that the CX-5 needs a large diameter wheel to look the part). However, 10" width and +22 would probably poke quite a lot.

I've been eyeing some new wheels from TSW. I'm considering getting these and selling my mallorys.
http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_watkins.php
alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-watkins-5-lug-matte-black-std-org.jpg

alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-watkins-5-lug-matte-black-lay-org.jpg

alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-watkins-5-lug-matte-black-face-org.jpg

Last edited:
I have a spare set of RX-8 wheels. I don't think they're light by any means. My 18x9.5 Enkei RPF-1's feel like feathers compared to the 18x8 RX-8 stockers, and equally as strong if not stronger. My CX-5 19x7 stockers are heavy weights as well. It's as if they cast them with freakin' lead.

Yeah those enkeis are light. OP stated the RX-8's weigh 21.5lbs and if true they are pretty light for an OEM. I was expecting it to be more like 25-27lbs.

Latest posts

Back