2014 touring sunroof

VVarped

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hello!

I've been looking for an answer to this question for a little while, found this forum and might as well ask here!

I'm looking at purchasing a 2014 CX-5 Touring with the moonroof package. Everything else looks good and the price is right for me. The question I have: Is the sunroof supposed to open all the way? It was only tilting the back open, and does not slide open. The dealer was saying that the touring only tilted and the GT was the model that had a sliding sunroof. I don't necessarily believe him and have been looking for a definite answer to that since. Don't want to get screwed into buying something with a broken part. I read somewhere about some kind of reset being needed if the battery was disconnected?

Either way, Thanks for any input or advice!

According to the owner's manual, there is no difference in sunroof operation from model to model. The roof on the car you are looking at may be in need of "resetting" per the following:
Power Moonroof Re-set Procedure
If the battery is disconnected, the
moonroof will not operate. The moonroof
will not operate correctly until it is re-set.
Carry out the following procedure to reset
the moonroof and resume operation:
1. Switch the ignition ON.
2. Press the tilt switch, to partially tilt
open the rear of the moonroof.
3. Repeat Step 2. The rear of the
moonroof tilts open to the fully open
position, then closes a little.
NOTE
If the re-set procedure is performed while the
moonroof is in the slide position (partially
open) it closes before the rear tilts opens.

Yes the glass slides back into the roof exposing the entire opening except for about 2". It has a one-touch open, but you must hold the button to fully close. And yes the glass can also tilt up at the back edge. All those functions are done using the little button by the visor.

Back