New CX-5 quality issues...cold weather?

rmh613

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT
Hey all-

I have a 2 month-old CX-5 GT, about 2k mi on the odometer so far; my last car was a 2014 CX-5 touring* loved it, hence the repeat purchase. However, as the temps have recently been dropping into the 20s here in Denver I've had a number of troubling quality issues. Mostly interior stuff, but in my opinion not things I would expect to encounter in a brand new $30k+ car. Has anyone experienced any of these issues, and if so how have you dealt with them?

- Creaky, crackly driver and passenger doors (interior panels). This is probably the most annoying, and is worst when it's very cold. Until the interior of the car warms up, there are creaks and plastic ticking noises coming from both doors over every little bump in the road. When I pull on the door to close it, I can hear what sounds like ice crackling throughout the entire door panel.

- Something in the inside of the driver side A-pillar is buzzing with moderate bass volume playing through the stereo. It doesn't seem to be the trim piece itself, because if I press on where the buzzing is coming from, I can still hear it.

- Squealing rear brakes when coming to a slow stop. This seems to alleviate somewhat after a bit of driving, but seems to come back any time the car cools down.

I know my old CX-5 eventually developed a couple of rattles after 30k mi or so, but I expect better of a brand new car. Especially the interior door trim it creaks and crackles under the slightest pressure.

Any tips would be great!

Hey all-

I have a 2 month-old CX-5 GT, about 2k mi on the odometer so far; my last car was a 2014 CX-5 touring*– loved it, hence the repeat purchase. However, as the temps have recently been dropping into the 20s here in Denver I've had a number of troubling quality issues. Mostly interior stuff, but in my opinion not things I would expect to encounter in a brand new $30k+ car. Has anyone experienced any of these issues, and if so how have you dealt with them?

- Creaky, crackly driver and passenger doors (interior panels). This is probably the most annoying, and is worst when it's very cold. Until the interior of the car warms up, there are creaks and plastic ticking noises coming from both doors over every little bump in the road. When I pull on the door to close it, I can hear what sounds like ice crackling throughout the entire door panel.

- Something in the inside of the driver side A-pillar is buzzing with moderate bass volume playing through the stereo. It doesn't seem to be the trim piece itself, because if I press on where the buzzing is coming from, I can still hear it.

- Squealing rear brakes when coming to a slow stop. This seems to alleviate somewhat after a bit of driving, but seems to come back any time the car cools down.

I know my old CX-5 eventually developed a couple of rattles after 30k mi or so, but I expect better of a brand new car. Especially the interior door trim – it creaks and crackles under the slightest pressure.

Any tips would be great!

My Touring has the passenger rear door noise issue, that door is seldom used. But it is there. I will get it checked but mostly sure it wont happen b4 the dealer.
Lot of things you mentioned can be reproduced and dealer should check it out.

Our 2014 creaks like crazy in cold weather. Suspension is also starting to creak.

Nothing at all like this in my 2016.5 GT. Sounds bad, I'd definitely get it looked at. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard creaking/groaning from the front drivers side suspension on two occasions. I also often feel "resistance" when shifting out of park.

And I still swear that something up front is moving/loose on really cold starts as it can be felt thru the brake pedal.

I have the annoying drivers side A-pillar rattle in cold weather only. Amazingly after 3 years of ownership, it is still the only noise I have.

Back