2017 Facelift Mazda3 Now Has The Perfect Grille but The Same Plate Location?

:
02 R53
The 2017 facelift now has a perfect grille, complete set of blades...
Look at 2014-16's:

Here's the Facelift:

The hitch w/ the perfect grille? Same grille-covering plate placement & the OE holder needs 4 HOLES drilled.

I've been approached by those who've gotten/planned to get the 2017 facelift M3 to help come up with a solution, an option, or an update of the existing No-Drill Plate Relocator. The '14-'16 one won't fit, sadly. Had to start from scratch...
Finally after some wait, here's a sampling of how it looks w/ plate specs local to me:

This eliminated the drilling of 4 holes on the grille & the risk of misaligned, off-centered plate install. Above all, this frees up the 2017's perfect grille.:)

Should there be any concern about partial lower grille air flow blockage, this has long been tested & proven to have no observed effect on intake & coolant temps monitored thru the OBD in all traffic & drive conditions...in the tropics.

For North American plate applications, one would need to get this mounting kit from Amazon:

or this from NAPA:

Being a Mown3r, a tinkerer & an enthusiast, passion for our cars was the lone drive to push thru great lengths to develop & share this kodo-enhancing mod. Why hide that beautiful smile, right?:)

This mod debuted some 2 years back. Humbled by its warm acceptance, please allow me to just leave this update here.... for the '17up Facelift own3rs.:)
Happy Motoring!!!!

Photobucket refuses 3rd party hosting now...switching to imjur:
eqyyt9x.jpg

Last edited:
Back