Dashcam installation in 2016 CX-9 GT?

:
CX-9
Please post your experiences mounting dashcam(s) in CX-9? Seems that the sensor block behind mirror, and reflection of the screen in windshield at night limit the location choices somewhat.

Also, has anyone hardwired one yet?

Will appreciate any experiences shared.

Please post your experiences mounting dashcam(s) in CX-9? Seems that the sensor block behind mirror, and reflection of the screen in windshield at night limit the location choices somewhat.

Also, has anyone hardwired one yet?

Will appreciate any experiences shared.

No dashcam but I mirror mounted a radar detector and powered it with a cable that taps power from the mirror power connector, all from radarmount.com. It was an easy install. You just find the right pins in the connector and then work the pins in the new cable into the back of the connector. There's another supplier at mirrortap.com. I think one or maybe both of them also make kits for dashcams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should also add that the installation was very easy with the radarmount cable, but the quality of the cable and the plug attachment on the other end leaves a little to be desired. It works and their support people sent me two extras (with the same weakness) when I complained so I'm going to stick with it, but if you plug and unplug it regularly it's going to cause problems because the outer jacket doesn't fasten securely into the connector. At some point I plan to try to tune it up with some glue, but fortunately I leave it connected usually anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back