2016 CX-9 Engine off - disable infotainment auto shutdown?

relevante

:
2016 CX-9 Grand Touring
When I sit in the car with the ignition off listening to music, after probably 10 minutes or so the system shuts down and I have to restart it with the engine start/stop button. I can't find any way to disable this shutdown in the settings. Is there one somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a way to start the car in ACCessory mode only (not on).

Push the Start/Stop without pressing the Brake pedal per the manual.

However, the user manual indicates

Do not leave the ignition switched ON while the engine is not running. Doing so could result in the battery going dead. If the selector lever is in the P position, and the ignition is in ACC, the ignition switches off automatically after about 25 minutes.

Last edited:
Hmm, I feel like it's happening faster than 25 minutes (I've definitely been in ACC and not had the ignition on). Either way that seems pretty paranoid. It's not the biggest deal to turn it back on but it's pretty annoying when every other car I've been in since I was a little kid would let you listen to the radio for hours with no problem. I understand the battery capacity isn't infinite, but come on.

Last edited:
Hmm, I feel like it's happening faster than 25 minutes (I've definitely been in ACC and not had the ignition on). Either way that seems pretty paranoid. It's not the biggest deal to turn it back on but it's pretty annoying when every other car I've been in since I was a little kid would let you listen to the radio for hours with no problem. I understand the battery capacity isn't infinite, but come on.

My BMW does the same thing. I think that today's electronics that are on in ACC mode use substantially more power than just the radio of cars of yesteryear.

There's a way to start the car in ACCessory mode only (not on).

Push the Start/Stop without pressing the Brake pedal per the manual.

However, the user manual indicates

Do not leave the ignition switched ON while the engine is not running. Doing so could result in the battery going dead. If the selector lever is in the P position, and the ignition is in ACC, the ignition switches off automatically after about 25 minutes.
The same happens on most cars today. There is lot of sensors and technology draining power when you are in acc.

I see the same behavior In some Infiniti., audi.,Nissan etc

Enviado desde mi Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

My 2013 Accord allows me to leave the car on without ignition. The car doesn't turn off. There's a trick, you press the gear release button and Press start at the same time. Haven't tried this trick with the CX9 though.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back