Can chrome be added to the lower CX-9 trims?

:
Mazda CX-5
I believe that both the "Sport" and "Touring" trims are great values but I feel they are missing that pop without the chrome trim along the bottom edges of the doors and front and back bumper found on the "Grand" and "Signature" trims. Can these be added aftermarket? Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd like to know this as well. I see lots of views on this thread but no replys.

So, I need to look at a Grand Touring or Signature a little closer, but I imagine you'd be able to buy the chrome trim from the dealer. I'm honestly surprised no one has done this already.

The only flaw would be if these chrome strips "snap" into place, then that would require the entire plastic piece to be purchased along with the chrome. Of course, one could remove the tabs with a dremel and then use mounting tape. This is all assumption until more research is done.

Last edited:
They do clip on. Sadly I know because a trash can drifted across the road and snapped the trim clips off, so had to reattach with automotive goop.

I can provide a photo of the clips (I have one broken one I didn't throw out) if that helps?

After reading the post I went to the garage and look on the bottom edges of my 2017 CX9 which is the Mexico i-Sport version which has no chrome but I would like to add those, the three sides of the vehicle have a type of slot where the chrome trims could be installed, I have seen a few trims in Auto Zone but I would like to ask Mazda first if those would be available in the future...

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

They do clip on. Sadly I know because a trash can drifted across the road and snapped the trim clips off, so had to reattach with automotive goop.

I can provide a photo of the clips (I have one broken one I didn't throw out) if that helps?

That would be great if you could thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20j09jm.jpg

2woeni1.jpg

2woeni1.jpg

Yellow clip pushes into a square hole on the bumper, silver end should attached to the chrome part. Hope this helps.

Has anyone found a vendor that sells the chrome kits? I just got a 2016 Touring and would love to add the chrome that comes on the GT.

I’ve been interested in doing this myself, I believe only the front bumper can be changed out to the chrome trim since the clips are present.

Anyone figure this out? Considering doing Cowles chrome trimm
Front grille separates from the bumper and can be replaced by the chrome version. The rear chrome screws on from the back side of the bumper so as long as you get the holes right, it’ll work. The lower door chrome would be easiest to replace the plastic panel along with the new chrome, but also attached with screws so could get just the chrome and try to line it up.

Back