Exhaust - Corksport or Racing Beat?

huffster329

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD
Considering an exhaust for the wife's car. I've been looking at Corksport and Racing Beat. Corksport says 7+ horsepower gain. Racing Beat's website doesn't say. I'm sure they are similar in HP gain, weight, and sound.

Anyone have either exhaust? Pro's? Cons'?

Go with whichever one you think sounds better as the gains will be minimal if any. An axle back isn't the restrictive area in exhaust systems today. They are pretty similar priced as well, the CS being the more expensive.

CS Tips are Double Walled which I like and used on my car (not the exhaust just the tips I welded on to replace factory)

RacingBeat uses classic looking tips but are rolled edge.

I like the sound of my cs, also it helps output if you get a tune.

Thanks for the info! I really like how the Corksport tips look on yours. Your build is coming along nicely. I would like to do something similar.

Go with whichever one you think sounds better as the gains will be minimal if any. An axle back isn't the restrictive area in exhaust systems today. They are pretty similar priced as well, the CS being the more expensive.

CS Tips are Double Walled which I like and used on my car (not the exhaust just the tips I welded on to replace factory)

RacingBeat uses classic looking tips but are rolled edge.

Leaning towards Corksport right now. I found a lightly used CS short ram intake on Craigslist for 100 bucks. Just have to make the hour drive to get it.

Saw someone selling a used RB axle back exhaust on Ebay.

RB all the way. They have a great rep for exhaust.

Mazda used Racing Beat for OEM exhaust (and swaybars) on the MSP. That's a pretty good nod.

Ended up ordering the Racing Beat. Now I have a happy wife!

Is the Racing Beat exhaust loud enough to notice inside the car?

The main benefit of getting the CS exhaust is that it is lighter than the OEM muffler. As far as gains go, they are both axle backs, so I think the gains will be similar, if there is even any.

How much more notable is the racing beat vs CS when you're inside? Sounds like CS is louder outside and not very notiable inside whereas RB is quieter outside but more notiable inside? I'd like some real feedback instead of the videos I've watch

Is the Racing Beat exhaust loud enough to notice inside the car?

The main benefit of getting the CS exhaust is that it is lighter than the OEM muffler. As far as gains go, they are both axle backs, so I think the gains will be similar, if there is even any.

Whatever minimal difference there is from upgrading to a slightly lighter muffler is offset by the fact that the aftermarket one doesn’t have that bubble shape. The big bubbly shape of the OEM exhaust helps extract air from underneath the car and improve aerodynamic efficiency. Plus, the OEM muffler is a really good design (it has a hemholtz resonator in it which flows well while filtering out unwanted sounds/droning.

7hp from a new muffler? s***... I wish it were true. When I deleted the secondary cats and upgraded the very restrictive muffler on my BMW I swear I gained no more than 4-5hp and that was mostly near redline. Expect a 1hp difference wth a new muffler at the most.

The aftermarket one, is most likely lighter as well, so you can gain a bit there are well.

Whatever minimal difference there is from upgrading to a slightly lighter muffler is offset by the fact that the aftermarket one doesnt have that bubble shape. The big bubbly shape of the OEM exhaust helps extract air from underneath the car and improve aerodynamic efficiency. Plus, the OEM muffler is a really good design (it has a hemholtz resonator in it which flows well while filtering out unwanted sounds/droning.

7hp from a new muffler? s***... I wish it were true. When I deleted the secondary cats and upgraded the very restrictive muffler on my BMW I swear I gained no more than 4-5hp and that was mostly near redline. Expect a 1hp difference wth a new muffler at the most.

The aftermarket one, is most likely lighter as well, so you can gain a bit there are well.

Back