USB Cracking Noise

:
Mazda CX 5 Touring
I have a 2015 CX-5 in which the audio has been fixed so that it resumes playing the last track when turned on. I have noticed when playing songs from a thumb drive there is a loud cracking sound like a scratch on an old 33 & 1/3 record. Has anyone else noticed this or am I the only one with this problem?

LAW

I've started using a USB stick for music this past week. No scratching sounds. Actually it's pretty good.

I have a 2015 CX-5 in which the audio has been fixed so that it resumes playing the last track when turned on. I have noticed when playing songs from a thumb drive there is a loud cracking sound like a scratch on an old 33 & 1/3 record. Has anyone else noticed this or am I the only one with this problem?

LAW

try using a different USB drive, I had the same problem, turned out the old USB drive had failed and corrupted some MP3 files.

When I first used the iphone 7 in my 2013 CX5 I heard a static noise when I connected through USB lightning cable. For some unknown reason now my car can no longer read music from my iphone 7 through USB. I have restored my phone and done all the updates on the phone. I've tried an iphone 6s and an iphone 6 running on 10.1.1 and they connect fine through USB.

How did u fix the unit to resume the last track?

Mine got fixed by Mazda fitting a new bluetooth controller under warranty. Apparently it also controls the USB. It seems quite a known/documented problem.

Back