Genuine drive train problem or overreaction?

esantosnyc

:
CX-5
I just bought an Automatic 2016 Cx-5 w/ 13k miles on it. I've noticed a weird grinding noise + slight vibration coming from the under carriage when I'm accelerating @ about 1,500 RPM AND going about 40-50 mph AND turning to the right slightly (on the highway). It doesn't happen when I am turning left, only right. Does that sound problematic? I dropped the car off with the dealer today but I'm worried that they won't be able to reproduce the issue or that they will try to pass it off as just "Characteristic" of the Mazda drivetrain.

That's really, really odd. The good news is that you have another over 45,000 miles to either break it and get it fixed, or to figure out that it prolly won't break, lol! This is the joy of buying a car under warranty.

That's really, really odd. The good news is that you have another over 45,000 miles to either break it and get it fixed, or to figure out that it prolly won't break, lol! This is the joy of buying a car under warranty.

Agreed. I think it's better to bring it in for service now even if it's not a big deal rather than ignore and then have it turn out to be a real issue after my warranty has expired.

If they can't replicate it, then by all means take the tech for a ride and replicate it for them!

Just got a call from the service dept. Seems that the cause was some sort of failure in the front passenger side hub bearing assembly. The part was repaired/replaced under warranty.

Just got a call from the service dept. Seems that the cause was some sort of failure in the front passenger side hub bearing assembly. The part was repaired/replaced under warranty.

Your car Mazda is now fixed BECAUSE you took the time and trouble to figure out the exact symptoms, and state them clearly. I've noticed a weird grinding noise sometimes, coming from somewhere would not have resulted in a repair. Well done.

I wonder what they replaced... As with my car, I never took it into the dealership since I've bought it besides for a TSB related to headunit. I notice my 2014 CX-5 have a rumbling sound around 40-50mph under light acceleration but I just ignored it since I've owned the car for 3+ years now.

I wonder what they replaced... As with my car, I never took it into the dealership since I've bought it besides for a TSB related to headunit. I notice my 2014 CX-5 have a rumbling sound around 40-50mph under light acceleration but I just ignored it since I've owned the car for 3+ years now.

My brother has a 2015 GT with the same issue. He has been to 2 dealers and neither can figure it out.

Back