OEM Backup Camera

hargaojai

:
Mazda
The OEM backup camera in general is not too clear IMO compare to other vehicles I hv before. It does the job in daytime, night time when dry and clear out the camera is quite blurry. When is raining out is pretty much useless since droplets will be covering the lens and could barely see anything. Is it possible to remove and change the OEM backup camera and say upgrade to a better aftermarket camera while keeping all its functioning stock and on the OEM screen? Thx in adv!

The OEM backup camera in general is not too clear IMO compare to other vehicles I hv before. It does the job in daytime, night time when dry and clear out the camera is quite blurry. When is raining out is pretty much useless since droplets will be covering the lens and could barely see anything. Is it possible to remove and change the OEM backup camera and say upgrade to a better aftermarket camera while keeping all its functioning stock and on the OEM screen? Thx in adv!

1.) sure you can spend more money and replace it.. your risk and money..
2.) tried put some Rain-X on the lens..?
3.) as you approach your CX-5 wipe a finger across the lens to clear it
4.) Do what people have done for years before tech... turn your head and look as you back up...

Now coming from a 20 year old car to this CX-5 I've never had a backup camera so maybe I'm being 'old fashioned' but I still look back and use my head and shoulders more over the camera. It's there to help not do it all for you.. can you see the car or person behind you..?

If it's blurry, take it to the dealer and see if they can see if you need a new one due to factory not focusing the camera good enough..

1.) sure you can spend more money and replace it.. your risk and money..
2.) tried put some Rain-X on the lens..?
3.) as you approach your CX-5 wipe a finger across the lens to clear it
4.) Do what people have done for years before tech... turn your head and look as you back up...

Now coming from a 20 year old car to this CX-5 I've never had a backup camera so maybe I'm being 'old fashioned' but I still look back and use my head and shoulders more over the camera. It's there to help not do it all for you.. can you see the car or person behind you..?

If it's blurry, take it to the dealer and see if they can see if you need a new one due to factory not focusing the camera good enough..

True, always still look back for safety reason. I will try to rain x and see how it goes. Mainly the worst part is when it rains the camera is not effective at all. I think is due to the placement of it along with the quality of the camera. I'm sure you experience it since you are in Pdx and rains quite a bit there

True, always still look back for safety reason. I will try to rain x and see how it goes. Mainly the worst part is when it rains the camera is not effective at all. I think is due to the placement of it along with the quality of the camera. I'm sure you experience it since you are in Pdx and rains quite a bit there

True, the placement under the lift lip is a tough place due to the rain or kick-up mist from the tiers gets on it real good..

Rain-x worked okay for me, I still have to wipe it with a finger some days..

Good luck..

Back