2016 CX-9 Ambient Lighting

:
2016 CX-9 GT
Just got my 2016 cx-9 GT and noticed that there's no ambient lighting around the center console of the tranny stick but the owner's manual shows there should be. Are everybody the same case or something wrong with mine?

The signature has lighting around the console. There's an ambient lighting option that consists of 2 leds for everyone else. I have a GT and there's no lighting around the console. Would have liked something. Probably going to put some footwell lights in myself eventually.

In my Signature, there's ambient blu-ish lighting around the center shift console. Below the wooden pieces on this model. Also lighting in the door handles, which reflect down to the storage area on the doors and on the overhead, between the map lights. We also have ambient lighting on the front grill. There's an option in the Infotainment system to enable the ambient lighting and to set High medium,low and off for my system. You may want to check this.

The center console blue lighting and the front grill lighting seem to be standard only on Signature. For GT, there are only lights on the doors and between the map lights. One thing I do notice that the High, Medium, Dim setting on my GT only keeps the lights on but no dimness.

Annoying peripheral light.

On my signature there is a bright light on the roof that lights up the center console. Very annoying since it is always in my peripheral vision. I plan to tape it over so that it is not as distracting at night. My Prius had a similar LED light in roof, but it was recessed so it was never distracting.

On my signature there is a bright light on the roof that lights up the center console. Very annoying since it is always in my peripheral vision. I plan to tape it over so that it is not as distracting at night. My Prius had a similar LED light in roof, but it was recessed so it was never distracting.

Hasn't been a problem or distracting for us. I actually love how it looks. Feels really subtle to me. Did you try dimming it in settings?

Agree it's a distraction, but you can dim it with the infotainment system along with the other ambient lighting.

I'm getting used to it...

It is a bit annoying. It drives my wife insane. Her BMW has that light, but it is not as distracting. I wish you could only dim that light and not the rest of the car.

We shut off the ambient lighting for this exact reasons. Good idea covering, I never thought of doing that because I'd like the rest of the ambient lighting to stay on

Search on Kickstarter for Nope 2.0 OR Hide camera covers. I'm getting one to give the light when it annoys me or my wife. If I need it neck on, it'll be an easy way to uncover it.

Just got my 2016 cx-9 GT and noticed that there's no ambient lighting around the center console of the tranny stick but the owner's manual shows there should be. Are everybody the same case or something wrong with mine?
The ambient light around center console is only available in the Signature. No matter if you read it in the manual.

Your manual is the same manual for all of us. Even for the Sport most trimmed version.

The front grille led can be added in the dealer to GT, GL and Sport but is expensive (750 usd) .

BTW: I'm in Mexico and I have our trimmed GT AWD version (no radar and no lane assistance). Our GT have front grill led.

Enviado desde mi Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

On my signature there is a bright light on the roof that lights up the center console. Very annoying since it is always in my peripheral vision...

I was able to dim it in the settings and with time I've gotten used to it and don't find it as distracting.

Last edited:
Hi,

I noticed that the ambient lighting stays on during the day too. Is there a way to have it come on only in the night or when’s its dark?

Back