OEM all weather mats vs. Weathertech

⋯ There is no 100% protection, just vacuum it out occasionally and you'll be fine.
And you also would like to keep the hinge area of floor mounted gas pedal dry to prevent the rust developed. There is one which seems a perfect all weather liner for CX-5. These Mazda OEM "Premium" Floor Liners are only available in Canada. One time they're available at Amazon.

on the mazda canada website, http://www.mazda.ca/MciWeb/buildPrice.action , build your own, it lists 3 types

FLOOR LINERS $210.00
FLOOR MATS - ALL WEATHER MATS - $150.00
PREMIUM FLOOR LINERS - 1ST ROW - $175.00
PREMIUM FLOOR LINERS - 2ND ROW - $129.00

we had all weather types in other vehicles, but still got some carpet damage, so decided to go big this time LOL

attachment.php
-----
attachment.php

driver side - pedal view-----driver floor view

attachment.php

front passenger

attachment.php
------
attachment.php

rear passenger--------rear passenger - full across (one piece)

the colour matches the vehicle interior (blk leather) although the pics don't really show it on the front ones due to the phone flash

they're installed, stock carpet mats pulled -you can see the grommet type things on the front pics
depth is 2" for the front ones, 3" for the rear piece

like i said in orig post - a little pricey compared to some but we threw them in as part of overall pillaging negotiations :)
btw - we considered both the husky liners and the spider ones too
and prices really suck here for most accessories, especially if you get them from US firm and pay the exchange on top

sorry - no part no.

I don't think it really matters how much of a lip the mats have. Due to the design of the gas pedal, no matter what, anything on your shoe is going to run down the pedal and collect at the base of it. It really doesn't matter if there is a lip there or not. The only thing the small lip might help with is to keep anything that's built up in your floor mat from getting pushed to the base of the pedal. I've had a bit of small gravel and some dirt form at the base of the pedal but the mats perform perfectly otherwise. There is no 100% protection, just vacuum it out occasionally and you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting the pics, it's appreciated.

I have the Mazda all weather mats but they leave much to be desired. I like the look of the carpeted mats better than the Kagu rubber so I think that I'll have to go with them.

I opted for the Aries mats. Again, no lip around the gas pedal, but neither did my original clothe mats or the Mazda all weather mats. $77 at amazon for the fronts, or $60 at JC Whitney w/free shipping with at least a 2 week wait (fronts).

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3740.JPG
    IMG_3740.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,126
  • IMG_3741.JPG
    IMG_3741.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,130
  • IMG_3743.JPG
    IMG_3743.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,099
Last edited:
I opted for the Aries mats. Again, no lip around the gas pedal, but neither did my original clothe mats or the Mazda all weather mats. $77 at amazon for the fronts, or $60 at JC Whitney w/free shipping with at least a 2 week wait (fronts).

Any particular reason that you went with the rubber mats instead of the carpeted?

I see the rubber mats at Amazon for $86 and the carpeted for $77. Where did you see the rubber for $77?

Last edited:

attachment.php

Have fun cleaning the gas door lever area :). The Huskyliner covers that spot, I made a mistake cutting a slot for my wife's Accord and it's hell trying to keep the salts and rocks out. For my CX-5, I didn't cut the slot but trimmed the pointy nubs underneath so I can safely slip my finger in. That spot is still clean as new for me.

Have fun cleaning the gas door lever area :). The Huskyliner covers that spot, I made a mistake cutting a slot for my wife's Accord and it's hell trying to keep the salts and rocks out. For my CX-5, I didn't cut the slot but trimmed the pointy nubs underneath so I can safely slip my finger in. That spot is still clean as new for me.
Really not a chief concern, other Mazda mats didn't protect that area. Really like these mats. Even without the lip near the gas peddle, that part of the mat kind of sits a little higher than that of the floor area so nothing really gets under that area near the gas peddle.

Yeah, I know. Once my new mats get here I'm going to have to do something else about that area. Maybe fit a piece of black vinyl under the mat in that area.

My new Aries mats arrived yesterday, they fit and look great. I won't bother with pics since ya'll know what they look like.

What I found strange about these mats is that on the top of the mat it says Aries on it, as in the pic above. On the underside of the mat is a tag with the model number on it (same Aries #) but it says MAXpider. I was under the impression that Aries and MAXpider were different companies?

Last edited:
Nevermind, I found my answer.

ARIES 3D floor liners with Maxpider fibers have been renamed and rebranded. Although the product and part numbers remain the same, the product is now known as ARIES StyleGuard floor liners with OmniGrip fibers.

“The name change offers benefits for both ARIES and our customers. While 3D only points to one of the product’s features (its vehicle-specific contour), StyleGuard speaks directly of its primary function and major selling points; that is, its unique, stylish appearance and protective design,” according to ARIES in an emailed statement. “Likewise, the change to OmniGrip better conveys the product’s use. While Maxpider is somewhat vague, OmniGrip™ describes the effectiveness of the fibers to anchor to any and all types of carpet.”

ARIES StyleGuard floor liners with OmniGrip fibers will feature new packaging, marketing materials and the new ARIES logo. There also will be website and point-of-purchase updates. This will be a rolling change and will require no additional effort on the part of ARIES’ customers, according to the company.

Shops with signage or other marketing materials displaying the “3D” or “Maxpider” can receive updated materials by contacting their local sales representative.

I just took delivery of the Aries liners, and they are awesome! Less expensive than weathertech is just an added bonus.

Do these come with the snaps to secure to the floor? The web site just shown an open hole and I think the snaps create more of a complete look.

That's the only reason I was looking st the weather tech, but these kind of look sexier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's another option. $113 for front and rear. (cargo mat not included)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

61U0qccZALL._SL1500_.jpg

I bought these a month or so ago, and love them. They look so sharp in black. I only bought the front ones, but will go back and get the rear ones at some point. They cover the dead pedal perfectly and still leave the gas lever exposed. Perfect! I've had many compliments on them.

Back