Infotainment CX-9 All-in-One Tweak?

ilovecoffee

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Has anyone in these forums installed the AIO tweak from Mazda3Revolution?

It claims it's compatible with our vehicle, specifically the developer says with the previous firmware, 58.00.250 (which I'm still running).

I'm downloading it now, I will check it out and see if there's any more specific information regarding our vehicle. Would be great to get Android Auto up and running on the CX-9

Just a head's up. I installed it. Worked fine. Most tweaks seem to work except for Android Auto or Cast Receiver, which I selected to install. Bummer. But no more nag screen on startup or when reversing.

Reading through that thread they recommend against Android Auto still. There may also be more steps to go through before it works from reading through the thread. Cool that it works though directly with our system. Thanks for the find!

Has anyone in these forums installed the AIO tweak from Mazda3Revolution?

It claims it's compatible with our vehicle, specifically the developer says with the previous firmware, 58.00.250 (which I'm still running).

I'm downloading it now, I will check it out and see if there's any more specific information regarding our vehicle. Would be great to get Android Auto up and running on the CX-9

I understand that also the Date hack do mess with the unit. I installed and needed to uninstalled to get back control of my unit

Just a head's up. I installed it. Worked fine. Most tweaks seem to work except for Android Auto or Cast Receiver, which I selected to install. Bummer. But no more nag screen on startup or when reversing.

How works the install process?

Do you download an executable and run it in your pc? Can I run it on a PC or I need a MAC?

Do I need an SD or USB?

How long it takes?

If I need to go to the dealer for something can I uninstall / install again?

How you go back to the old version?
The same AIO tool help you.

remember there are 2 things. one of them does not aply to us
1. for the older head units, some users needed to upgrade the firmware as the AIO work fro specific firware versions, apparently work the best on the v56.
2. the app/settings. this is what I touch using the AIO. since My car was already on v58firmware, I did performed a low risk hack

The process was very simple. get a USB 2.0 drive, format it in Fat32. get the AIO on your PC, run it and choose the hacks you want. click done, confirm where on your PC is connected the USB drive and the tool transfer the files for you. Then, connect the USB on your car (any of the 2 ports, I use the 2 (front), turn the car on accessory mode (one click to the start button without the peddle depressed). Click the regular warning on the unit and wait for the unit to recognize the usb. after that, it will tell you that found scripts and will run them

Uninstall is similar. go to your PC, format the USB drive, use the AIO, but chose the uninstall option. select what you want to be uninstalled. complete save to USB and go back to your car. once the car recognize the usb, will inform what will it be uninstalling

So, when I mention mess with the unit, I did not meant it brake it, but the unit misbehave. Did not allow me to touchscreen or knob operate. as soon as I uninstall the date hack, it came back to life perfectly.

As per Mazda3revolution, here is what is working for v59
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...22458-aio-all-one-tweaks-225.html#post1879562
Updated for v59 NA. These are the tweaks I did that worked.

- Enable touchscreen while moving
- Reduce disclaimer time
- Remove safety warning label from reverse camera
- Remove blank album art frame
- Change to an individual background image
- Install semi-transparent parking sensor graphics
- Enable Wifi (automatically applied by AIO)

DOES NOT WORK

- date_to_statusbar_mod (Causes your home screen to be stuck. You'll need to run the uninstaller for this mod if you install it by accident. It is reversible at least)
- SSH_bringback (nothing happens)

The usual SSH using root and jci doesn't work anymore. You'll have to use the temporary SSH solution for EU vehicles (works for NA) to SSH in.

Hello. Any idea if this tool will work on Australian version of firmware?

My version is 58.00.251 4A N in 2016 CX9 GT

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just want to report that Cast Receiver does work. I can put my phone's display on the head unit. Kind of a useless feature though.

Just want to report that Cast Receiver does work. I can put my phone's display on the head unit. Kind of a useless feature though.

Isn't this something I could use to display the Waze app on the screen? That would be pretty cool, IMO. I'm glad to see people are trying out the AIO on the CX-9. I've been too chicken to try it.

Hello. Any idea if this tool will work on Australian version of firmware?

My version is 58.00.251 4A N in 2016 CX9 GT

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't foresee why there would be an issue, if I were you I'd be pretty confident in it working. Just don't do the date mod, as stated above.

1. for the older head units, some users needed to upgrade the firmware as the AIO work fro specific firware versions, apparently work the best on the v56.
2. the app/settings. this is what I touch using the AIO. since My car was already on v58firmware, I did performed a low risk hack

The process was very simple. get a USB 2.0 drive, format it in Fat32. get the AIO on your PC, run it and choose the hacks you want. click done, confirm where on your PC is connected the USB drive and the tool transfer the files for you. Then, connect the USB on your car (any of the 2 ports, I use the 2 (front), turn the car on accessory mode (one click to the start button without the peddle depressed). Click the regular warning on the unit and wait for the unit to recognize the usb. after that, it will tell you that found scripts and will run them

Uninstall is similar. go to your PC, format the USB drive, use the AIO, but chose the uninstall option. select what you want to be uninstalled. complete save to USB and go back to your car. once the car recognize the usb, will inform what will it be uninstalling

So, when I mention mess with the unit, I did not meant it brake it, but the unit misbehave. Did not allow me to touchscreen or knob operate. as soon as I uninstall the date hack, it came back to life perfectly.

I do all this, I reach the point where the InfoT system says If I want to run the script and reboot. I reboot but nothing happens. No changes at all. :(

update: I was creating the package in the wrong way. I just notice it. I will test it again in few minutes.

Last edited:

I was able to install the hacks. Really easy.

The only issues I have is:

- I don't know how to do the Cast in order to mirrow the screen of my Galaxy S7 Edge
- I don't see the videoplayer 2.x anywhere
- I don't see the speedometer either

Do you get success with the above?

How you do that. I added cast to the package but I don't see how to mirror my screen. [emoji29]

Enviado desde mi Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Back