Disable Honk Verification

Nitrous

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT
I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT and just had a remote start installed that runs off the factory remote. It works however I have to press the lock button 3 times for it to start.

The problem is that when I press the lock button once it locks the doors and lights flash (no beep). When I lock the second time the horn honks as a verification that the doors were locked. That causes the horn to honk every time I use the remote start. Is there a way to disable it? I have gone through settings and turned the honk to "off" when I lock the doors but it still honks on the double click.

Any ideas?

Thanks

The problem is that when I press the lock button once it locks the doors and lights flash (no beep). When I lock the second time the horn honks as a verification that the doors were locked. That causes the horn to honk every time I use the remote start. Is there a way to disable it? I have gone through settings and turned the honk to "off" when I lock the doors but it still honks on the double click.

The dealer had a third-party install mine. With it, I can use the lock-unlock-lock sequence to start it, avoiding that horn beep ;)

Maybe that'll work with yours too?

The dealer had a third-party install mine. With it, I can use the lock-unlock-lock sequence to start it, avoiding that horn beep ;)

Maybe that'll work with yours too?

A third-party installed what? My alarm is already installed but the beep is still there.

A third-party installed what? My alarm is already installed but the beep is still there.

I meant I have a third-party remote start, so I don't know if my lock-unlock-lock pattern to start the car will work with other brand remote starts. But it avoids the horn beeping for me without the need to disable the lock confirmation beep.

I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT and just had a remote start installed that runs off the factory remote. It works however I have to press the lock button 3 times for it to start.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I don't believe there is a user setting on the display for turning off honk if you press the lock button more than once. But I see your point, you don't want to annoy your neighbors everytime you want to remote start your car. I believe the OEM remote module has a honk trigger wire that sends signal to horns, if you can find that and cut it that should solve your issue.

Last edited:
I don't believe there is a user setting on the display for turning off honk if you press the lock button more than once. But I see your point, you don't want to annoy your neighbors everytime you want to remote start your car. I believe the OEM remote module has a honk trigger wire that sends signal to horns, if you can find that and cut it that should solve your issue.

That's what I was thinking. There must be some wire that leads to it. My alternative thought to that was that maybe if I SSH in through WIFI if I can disable it from in there somehow.

OP did you ever resolve this issue?, i'm on the same boat as you right now and i like to get horn chirp off when i remote start the car!

I remember seeing on one of the settings screens a on/off for beep. Not sure what it relates too though it might be for the fob lock function.
Check the settings screens, see if it could help you.

Back