Got screwed by a member, need advice/possible sale

keltonweers1

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
So about a month and a half ago I posted a wanted ad for a exhaust manifold for my recently purchased 03 speed protg. I had just got this vehicle so keep in mind I'm no enthusiast and didn't know much about them. A member name givemedloot responded and let me know he had a used manifold in good condition so I went on to buy this. Fast forward to this weekend I finally managed to get off work to tear into my car before it gets to cold to work on, I finally do only to realize when I pulled my manifold that the one I bought had a different mounting flange and looks to be off a non-turbo model. So now I have a car torn apart with no replacement and I have a manifold I paid $150 for that will do me no good (but is obviously for sale again). I realize part of this is my fault for not recognizing when I purchased it that it was the wrong one but as I said I was new to this car and didn't have my old one off to compare. I guess I put some misplaced trust that the person selling it to me was honest enough to send me the correct part, but such as life. Anyway I'm going to attach an image of the manifold I have and hopefully one of you can tell which model it actually fits so I can correctly post it for sale, thank you
Well I'm not sure how to attach the photos so hold off on that

Last edited:
So about a month and a half ago I posted a wanted ad for a exhaust manifold for my recently purchased 03 speed protg. I had just got this vehicle so keep in mind I'm no enthusiast and didn't know much about them. A member name givemedloot responded and let me know he had a used manifold in good condition so I went on to buy this. Fast forward to this weekend I finally managed to get off work to tear into my car before it gets to cold to work on, I finally do only to realize when I pulled my manifold that the one I bought had a different mounting flange and looks to be off a non-turbo model. So now I have a car torn apart with no replacement and I have a manifold I paid $150 for that will do me no good (but is obviously for sale again). I realize part of this is my fault for not recognizing when I purchased it that it was the wrong one but as I said I was new to this car and didn't have my old one off to compare. I guess I put some misplaced trust that the person selling it to me was honest enough to send me the correct part, but such as life. Anyway I'm going to attach an image of the manifold I have and hopefully one of you can tell which model it actually fits so I can correctly post it for sale, thank you
Well I'm not sure how to attach the photos so hold off on that
If you need a manifold, I can get you the best manifold ever made for the platform. www.popeperformance.com

I could probably identify what you have but thats going to be tough without a picture. Tapatalk is the easiest way to post with media.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Probably just an N/A protege manifold. They are definitely not worth $150, maybe $40 max. He definitely pulled a fast one

I can help you with a turbo manifold, i have a stock manifold. It was cracked, but welded(fixed). so it's good to go. pm me if interested

Back