Mazda5 CR - 6spd manual swap?

Primergy

:
2006 Mazda 5
In Europe the Mazda5 also came with 6spd gear boxes.
Would anyone know about the adaptability of a Mazda6spd trans to the 2.3l MZR ?

Also:
Is there a list with gear ratios out there?
Especially the Diesel 6spd gears might be of interest to me.

Would be cool if there is a possibility and I have all parts needed by the time the clutch is due. (blah)

it should bolt in... you can use the one from the 2nd gen 3, it's essentially the same, except for some gear ratio differences... you'll need to buy the shifter assembly, that's pretty much it... shifter cables are the same, axles, mounts, etc... all same
you can't use the diesel trans easily... it'll bolt up to the engine, but the mounts, axles, shifter cables, etc are all different... it's essentially the same as the mazdaspeed trans, completely different/stronger design for high torque/high power.... you'll need to use the 2.0 gas engine 6 speed trans

Sorry for being late & thanks for the reply.

Looks like there is no need to import the trans and I should be able to source a shifter assembly from Europe if I go through with this in the future.
Yea, I figured from the bell housing the Diesel is not fully compatible. Maybe the higher gears can be transferred.

I know it doesn't make much sense from an economical, or performance point. I just.. like 6gears, like the possibility of lower RPMs on the HWY. Shifter and radio are my only entertainment on my commute.

I think the final drive ratio is the same for the 5 and 6 speed. If that is of interest to you. I had the same interest a while back. I was looking for a six speed from a speed3 at the time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hm, that would indeed make it less interesting. An RPM drop at hwy speeds would be one of the main motivators going for this.

Back