Can the NAVTEQ Nav Color Themes be edited?

katmar

:
16 CX-5 GT and 13 CX-5 Touring AWD
Back when I bought my 2013 CX-5, I found a PC application that let me edit the color themes of the TomTom nav unit. It was great, as I could edit out all the fluff like parks and railroads, change the road colors to something more meaningful to myself, and so on.

Are there any similar PC tools for the NAVTEQ Nav to allow the day/night themes to be edited?

Back when I bought my 2013 CX-5, I found a PC application that let me edit the color themes of the TomTom nav unit. It was great, as I could edit out all the fluff like parks and railroads, change the road colors to something more meaningful to myself, and so on.

Are there any similar PC tools for the NAVTEQ Nav to allow the day/night themes to be edited?

I contacted Mazda about this and they said there is no such option. The color scheme for the Nav is extremely annoying to say the least. One thing I especailly dislike is when I program a route, the highlighted route plan is in red, and major routes are in yellow. With all my other GPS unit's a red on my path of travel indicates severe traffic, and yellow indicates slow moving traffic.

Another thing I asked was about live traffic. My salesperson was touting how the traffic information on the 2016s are great .. blah blah blah. Only to find out that there is no live traffic for our units. Mazda said there will be an update sometime in the future to add the capability (i'm not holding my breath). At least on my 2014 Tom Tom unit, they claimed there was no traffic, but I found a work around and got the stock unit to give me traffic updates :)

Back