2016 CX-9 Infotainment System problems - V59 Update

It's tough to say. V59 didn't solve my problem of the screen going blank daily. It was the head unit (screen/top visible part) that had to be replaced and that solved the issue for me. If it's just a reboot and it comes back after a while, it might be worth it to upgrade, but I'm pretty sure that some people have experienced reboots with v59. I haven't experienced any reboots even with v58.
V59 makes things slower in my opinion so if you can live with a couple random reboots here and there, then I wouldn't.
I had to go to the dealer to upgrade .. they might have a more recent v59 version than what I have.

Thanks SDL, really appreciate that. The dealer is like an hour away from my place. I called and they don't seem to have a clue about it. I'll upgrade it for now and see how it goes, I don't know if the package on the mazda web have the OS version, it says it's an map upgrade.

Had I known then what I know now I would have kept the V58 software to retain the tach and gear position features in the HUD

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Had I known then what I know now I would have kept the V58 software to retain the tach and gear position features in the HUD

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
May I suggest trying different keyfob and seat memory? Even though they remove the settings to enable/disable the HUD, the functionality it's still there. First, use your daily keyfob and press seat memory 1 and see if the HUD shows up. Then press #2 (while on P). If that doesn't work, try your spare keyfob. Repeat. If one of them has it saved, it'll turn back on. Then you can just save it from there.

I have had my infotainment screen go black numerous times. First time the display unit was replaced by Mazda. Second time, the entire computer was replaced. Third time they were sure if was software fix. I have had my car back for less that two weeks and the black screen of death is back. Thoughts?

It's tough to say. V59 didn't solve my problem of the screen going blank daily. It was the head unit (screen/top visible part) that had to be replaced and that solved the issue for me. If it's just a reboot and it comes back after a while, it might be worth it to upgrade, but I'm pretty sure that some people have experienced reboots with v59. I haven't experienced any reboots even with v58.
V59 makes things slower in my opinion so if you can live with a couple random reboots here and there, then I wouldn't.
I had to go to the dealer to upgrade .. they might have a more recent v59 version than what I have.

SDL - It's been months since you had your head unit display replaced. Have you had any issues with the blank screen since the replacement?

Thanks

Has anyone found a fix for the screen issues with their Cx-9? Our 2016 (purchased new in May, 2017) is suffering from the same black screen problems. We are on OS 58, and have not contacted the dealership, yet. Advice? Thoughts? Thx all!

I apologize if this has been answered before somewhere, but is this Infotainment System problem only a 2016 model year issue, with no problems for 2017s and 2018s?

Replacing the screen fixed mine completely. The dealer was very helpful and knew about the problem so it must be pretty common in the 2016 model. Good luck!

I apologize if this has been answered before somewhere, but is this Infotainment System problem only a 2016 model year issue, with no problems for 2017s and 2018s?

Still wondering if the infotainment system issues are a 2016 problem only, and if they've been resolved in the 2017/2018 models.

Another vote for the 59.00.502 software, it hasn't had an issue since I bought the car.
My CX-5 has 55.00.760, and that has also been flawless for about 1.5 years now. I don't plan on updating it unless the update includes (AA/CP).

I’m on 59.00.441 and not a single issue so far in 4000 mi and 5 month.
Also running Mazda AIO tweaks for 1200 mi without any problems as well

Back