Bluetooth Issue with iPhone 7 and 2013 GT

kevboy55

:
Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Sky Blue Mica
I have a 2013 CX-5 GT, and ever since I got the new iPhone 7, I can no longer accept an incoming call over Bluetooth by answering with the answer button on the steering wheel. It basically is dead air, then I have to select to go back to the handset and talk via the speakerphone on the iPhone, so, take say the least it's a pain in the ass, -and very unprofessional when I have a client calling me. The other thing that makes this weird, is that I have no issue with it connecting and functioning when I am calling out via the Bluetooth, the issue is only when answering the incoming calls.

Anyone else experiencing this or does anyone have a solution for me on this?

Have a new 7+ and have no issues. Did you delete (unpair) you old phone before adding the new one? Also make sure your running 10.1.1 and reboot the phone before you pair it with your CX-5.

Have you fixed the problem yet? Maybe it is the radio system issue? Have you tried to update the radio system yet?

Make sure your Mazda Connect software and iOS are fully updated... this typically fixes bluetooth issues

I have exactly the same issue as kevboy55. It has been going on for the nearly 3 months now.
I have gone through all the different options to get the phone to work detailed on different sites on the net. I have even completely reset my phone and tried it as new without any apps on it to see if there was any conflict. I still wasn't able to receive calls. I don't have this issue on any of my Bluetooth headsets. I am even using the latest public Beta version IOS10.2 Beta 7. Still no luck with receiving calls with any version I have used. I have been in touch with Apple and Mazda. Apple have tested my phone and everything works perfectly. It is only on my Mazda that it doesn't receive calls. My wife also has an iPhone 7 and it has exactly the same problem on my car. After many frustrating calls and visits to Mazda they have now told me that the iPhone 7 is not compatible with the CX5 yet and also cannot give me an update as to when there will be a software update to resolve this issue. This has been so frustrating and not to mention dangerous when I am driving and trying to manually transfer the call to my phone, that I am contemplating buying a new car, which definitely won't be a Mazda again, with the professionalism and response I have received on this issue from them. This car is used for business and most of my day is spent in it.

When I updated the iOS from 9.xxx to 10.xxx on my iPhone 6, it still works fine, but there is no rhyme or reason with how the music starts. Sometimes it goes back to what I was listening to, but most often it reverts to shuffle. Then other times it says "can't read device contents". But if you then start the music via the iPhone, all of a sudden it can read the music library.

If I turn off shuffle on the iPhone its self, the car will still sometimes start up in shuffle mode. Minor irritants at the most. But everything functions as it used to do previously.

When I updated the iOS from 9.xxx to 10.xxx on my iPhone 6, it still works fine, but there is no rhyme or reason with how the music starts. Sometimes it goes back to what I was listening to, but most often it reverts to shuffle. Then other times it says "can't read device contents". But if you then start the music via the iPhone, all of a sudden it can read the music library.

If I turn off shuffle on the iPhone its self, the car will still sometimes start up in shuffle mode. Minor irritants at the most. But everything functions as it used to do previously.

I think the issues lie within the iPhone 7, the iPhone 6 always seemed to work with no issues at all, but the 7 just won't work when answering a call through Bluetooth.

Why is always an issue, with iphones in the cars? I have never heard things like this, with an android phone.

I think it's give and take.....with the iPhone you get a superior product with a great user interface, and with the Android products, you basically get a glorified paper weight......

I'm not sure either...I have issues in My 2016.5 CX-5 GT and in my 2013 Prius (Entune Suite) when using Pandora and the iPhone 6s+. The connection drops, Pandora does not respond, the phone freezes. When I use my Galaxy Note Edge for either car, it works flawless, and never has any issues. I think early next year when it's time to get a new cell phone, I'll be getting rid of the iphone and going back to android.

I have never had Bluetooth connectivity issues, with my Samsung phones.

"I think it's give and take.....with the iPhone you get a superior product with a great user interface, and with the Android products, you basically get a glorified paper weight......"
Which one is the paper weight, in this case?

Why is always an issue, with iphones in the cars? I have never heard things like this, with an android phone.

I'm wondering the same thing, I have issues with my iPhone 6s Plus in my CX-5 and my Prius, yet my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge works fine in both cars with no issues at all.

Once the Galaxy S8 is released, I'll be switching out my iPhone and going back to android.

My wife has a 2013 CX-5 and we recently upgraded to iPhone 7 Pluses (from our previous phones, iPhone 6 Pluses). Both of our phones have this exact issue with the CX-5.

I have a 2016 Mazda6, and both phones answer calls completely fine over its audio system. I'm hoping the next iOS update fixes this issue, but I'm not holding my breath. For now, my wife just has to answer, hang up, and call people back when they call her and she's driving the CX-5.

Mazda Australian customer service rep told me today that Mazda Japan is working on a significant software update for the Mazdaconnect infotainment system on my 2016 CX5.

They've been told by Japan it will be released "early in 2017" and they are hoping it will be soon, but don't know when other than early in the year, sometime.

They acknowledged that the system currently cops a lot of well justified criticism, and are hopeful that this "early 2017" update will resolve many issues.

Fingers crossed!

Just updated my iPhone 7 Plus to the latest iOS (10.2.1) and the problem is still there. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heads up! I updated my iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 10.3 this week and that fixed the issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back