New 2017 CX-5 Revealed

My new one arrives on April 8. At 3:00PM the sales guy and a techie will be bringing it to my home. Quite excited. In about two hours, he's coming by with our loaner, as the 2014's road tax ends today, and our 2017 isn't ready yet. For the next 12 days we will suffer with the Axela - meh. Then we'll have our new top of the line CX5.

The real question is why are you still here trolling the Mazda forums? You need to find a hobby or something.

No one here is 'trolling'. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a troll. Funny how that word gets thrown around here a lot.

A better question for you would be why do you care so much about my posts? Just ignore them if you don't like them.

My new one arrives on April 8. At 3:00PM the sales guy and a techie will be bringing it to my home. Quite excited. In about two hours, he's coming by with our loaner, as the 2014's road tax ends today, and our 2017 isn't ready yet. For the next 12 days we will suffer with the Axela - meh. Then we'll have our new top of the line CX5.

That's so exciting! Can't wait to hear more about it.

No one here is 'trolling'. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a troll. Funny how that word gets thrown around here a lot.

A better question for you would be why do you care so much about my posts? Just ignore them if you don't like them.
Yea, that works great. Sigh...
af958691cc7075fedfafebe65410c32c.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That's so exciting! Can't wait to hear more about it.

The Axela is apparently the Mazda 3 elsewhere. I wanted the 6 (Atenza) for the week... oh well. Anyone have a 3? Any good? Haven't even sat in one.

The Axela is apparently the Mazda 3 elsewhere. I wanted the 6 (Atenza) for the week... oh well. Anyone have a 3? Any good? Haven't even sat in one.

Test drove several 3s. Nice cars and fun. As usual for Mazda. It'll set you up nicely though heading into the 17 cx5.

My son has the Mazda 3, totally trouble free over the 18 months he's had it.
Its a nice car for being a passenger, but I haven't driven it. Its quiet being a petrol and its a manual.

The Mazda 3 is Australia's #3 on our top selling cars, of all kinds. #1 is Toyota Hilux, # 2 is Corolla.

Very very popular and highly regarded.

I drove a new base model for a couple of days earlier this month as a loaner car while my Cx5 was having auto transmission issues investigated. Nice car.

Last edited:
You can mute the audio instantly on the command panel by pressing the volume button. No need to clutter the wheel any more.

So when I went to Japan for 2 weeks last year we did a tour of the Imperial Palace. Walked past a handful of parked cars and did a double take as WTF is that.

=D

uc

The Mazda 3 is Australia's #3 on our top selling cars, of all kinds. #1 is Toyota Hilux, # 2 is Corolla.

Very very popular and highly regarded.

I drove a new base model for a couple of days earlier this month as a loaner car while my Cx5 was having auto transmission issues investigated. Nice car.

The 5 door 3 with a 2.5 engine is a great little car. Very nimble and quick.

The 5 door 3 with a 2.5 engine is a great little car. Very nimble and quick.
Wow, I bet it is...Now I want to try one :)

The 3 and the CX-5 share the same platform don't they?

The modular Skyactiv platform mazda uses scales up or down as needed for the different vehicles, as far as I know there is no DIRECT sharing of identical chassis between models.

Test drove a Mazda3 with 150hp 2.0 engine and auto. It was a nimble little car. Honestly felt like a mid 7 second car.

I don't know if they share the same platform but they are similar. I test drove the 2.5L Mazda 3 in Pebble beach and it was really fun on those roads. Almost a GTI like ride when pushed.

Was already to buy one but I could not put my bikes it in!

Jodate!
What Carplay issues? Mine works perfectly fine. And LOL @ you believing Auto/Carplay is coming. Some people really do believe everything they read on the internet. Funniest part about it is now were starting to see CarPlay/AA in Mitsubishi's...yet nothing for Mazda, not even a timetable of when it's coming...(notcool)

I don't have you on that list!
What Carplay issues? Mine works perfectly fine. And LOL @ you believing Auto/Carplay is coming. Some people really do believe everything they read on the internet. Funniest part about it is now were starting to see CarPlay/AA in Mitsubishi's...yet nothing for Mazda, not even a timetable of when it's coming...(notcool)

How many of you have me on their ignore list? It's time to come clean

So after a day of the Mazda 3 (Axella)... I miss my CX5. It's so low, Japan has extremely narrow, and generally wall lined streets, so I miss the height. The commander button is quite nice, but still figuring it out, as well as the whole Nav system, which is very different and significantly improves over the 2014 CX5's. It's got 19" tires and rides MUCH rougher than my old CX5 and there's a lot more road noise. This one is an XDL (luxury package, diesel), so it's nice inside and the full tank has a cruising range of 750+ kilometers. The early HUD system is goofy, popping up under the windshield - glad the 2017 CX5 has a MUCH nicer one.

I don't know if they share the same platform but they are similar. I test drove the 2.5L Mazda 3 in Pebble beach and it was really fun on those roads. Almost a GTI like ride when pushed.

Was already to buy one but I could not put my bikes it in!

See if you don't need the ride height of the cx5 but just the interior volume, that's a good reason to lower. With H&R it'll still be higher than the 3 but corner a lot better, especially with awd.

Back