New 2017 CX-5 Revealed

I've decided I really definitely still hate the exterior design of the new CX-5. Reminds me of a CR-V for some god awful reason :(
I like the lines and the lights... but I still do hate the Chrome trim on the window.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That white interior looks so nice...but kids and dog...

And jeans!

When I was picking up my 2016 the sales guy asked me if i had considered the white leather interior - i picked the black.

No way! I said - every mark will show!

He mnetioned they are very popular on Australia's Gold Coast with the glitterati and white shoe brigade. But he did mention that he always warns buyers of the white interior about blue jeans leaving blue marks on the seat edges.

And jeans!

When I was picking up my 2016 the sales guy asked me if i had considered the white leather interior - i picked the black.

No way! I said - every mark will show!

He mnetioned they are very popular on Australia's Gold Coast with the glitterati and white shoe brigade. But he did mention that he always warns buyers of the white interior about blue jeans leaving blue marks on the seat edges.

Wish they offered a 'tan' or something interior. All black feels like you're sitting in a dark cavern but white is just a non starter if you have a dog/kids/spend time outdoors (or wear jeans apparently ..lol) etc. Heck, even a lighter grey or something!

Wish they offered a 'tan' or something interior. All black feels like you're sitting in a dark cavern but white is just a non starter if you have a dog/kids/spend time outdoors (or wear jeans apparently ..lol) etc. Heck, even a lighter grey or something!
Back when I got my CX-5, Sand was the other option for color besides black, and it was a tan.

It's funny how we all respond differently to "must have" features. I could care less about power folding side mirrors; for me, the lack of a CD player in the 2017 is a huge thing though.

Ha ha. I use my CD slot for my phone mount. Never used the player, now that USB and Bluetooth is an option.
Perhaps rip your CD collection and put it on a USB? A bit of one-time work ripping songs, but then much less hassle switching CDs.
Once you start buying the mp3 songs digitally, you will never use CDs again.

I've decided I really definitely still hate the exterior design of the new CX-5. Reminds me of a CR-V for some god awful reason :(

Yep, same here. The red promo shots were winning me over, but while I love the 2016 in white, this one isn't looking so sharp to me. I love the added features, but both int and ext design is a step back from the 2016 imo.

Ha ha. I use my CD slot for my phone mount. Never used the player, now that USB and Bluetooth is an option.
Perhaps rip your CD collection and put it on a USB? A bit of one-time work ripping songs, but then much less hassle switching CDs.
Once you start buying the mp3 songs digitally, you will never use CDs again.

Oh, I've got plenty of music on USB - but I also have several thousand CDs. If I could play vinyl in my car I would! :D

Yep, same here. The red promo shots were winning me over, but while I love the 2016 in white, this one isn't looking so sharp to me. I love the added features, but both int and ext design is a step back from the 2016 imo.
Yeah, fully agree. I though the 2013 - 2016.5 CX-5 had bold and sleek design lines (like that swoop) and the shape of the windows and not overly chromed.

The 2017 the more and more I look at it makes me feel like I am looking at any other generic CUV with too much chrome, no swoop anymore, and that makes me sad.

Love the new features. Hate the redesign.

Yeah, fully agree. I though the 2013 - 2016.5 CX-5 had bold and sleek design lines (like that swoop) and the shape of the windows and not overly chromed.

The 2017 the more and more I look at it makes me feel like I am looking at any other generic CUV with too much chrome, no swoop anymore, and that makes me sad.

Love the new features. Hate the redesign.

I personally LOVE the look of the 17 CX5, looks so much more polished and with the times and looks richer and more expensive than it is. Very sharp compared to 1st gen.
I hate the lack of new features compared to CRV 2017.
I'd love to have all the 2017 crv features/mpg/space in the 2nd gen cx5 body

Oh, I've got plenty of music on USB - but I also have several thousand CDs. If I could play vinyl in my car I would! :D

Me too. I've got about 5500 LPs, and 20,000+ CDs (I'm a DJ so...), as well as 50,000 MP3s. I prefer the convenience of throwing a few CDs that I haven't put to MP3s into the car, or stories/kid music that I don't want on my phone. I am very happy that Japan still has the CD/DVD player. I'd have been pissed if it wasn't an option, so I'm very happy it's standard.

The chrome isn't that big a deal. Just get it wrapped?

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
It's less the chrome for me and more the design lines that bother me.

I would love the features and interior (it's grown on me) of the 17 in the exterior design of a 2016 lol!

I personally LOVE the look of the 17 CX5, looks so much more polished and with the times and looks richer and more expensive than it is. Very sharp compared to 1st gen.
I hate the lack of new features compared to CRV 2017.
I'd love to have all the 2017 crv features/mpg/space in the 2nd gen cx5 body
I REALLY don't want to go "there" again. But other then AA / ACP what feature does the new CX5 lack? In as few words as possible. LOL

I REALLY don't want to go "there" again. But other then AA / ACP what feature does the new CX5 lack?

I can't think of anything. A fully loaded one has all the cool bells and whistles my M4 has. Except for M-Dynamic and Dynamic dampening (which would be useless in a CX-5)

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Back